cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add SAP Java AS on NWDS 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've downloaded NWDS 7.3 (SAP NetWeaver 7.3 SP07 PAT0005) and I'm trying to connect it with my EP (Kernel Version: 7.30.3710.159124.20110824120645). I'm going to Windows -> Preferences -> SAP AS Java and click on Add button.

I'm entering the host instance name and instance number (Instance Number: 56) and, when I click on OK button nothing happens... If I enter a wrong host instance name or a wrong instance number the NWDS shows me an error message. Otherwise, if everything is correct, it just closes the popup window and returns to the SAP AS Java initial screen with no system on it.

I really appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Nelson Bertolino

View Entire Topic
junwu
Active Contributor

it is discussed a lot, for some case, some port is blocked at server side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wu,

I've tried another version of NWDS 7.3. Now, I'm using SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio SAP NetWeaver 7.3 SP05 PAT0007. Even though when I try to add the JAVA AS I received no message. But I've found the message below:

Message: Exception thrown when listener notified      [Error: com.sap.sapmc.preference  Thread[SAPSystemsEventDispatchThread,6,main]]

Trace:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.RuntimeModelBuilder

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.getTypeInfoSet(JAXBContextImpl.java:422)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.<init>(JAXBContextImpl.java:286)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory.createContext(ContextFactory.java:139)

at com.sun.xml.bind.api.JAXBRIContext.newInstance(JAXBRIContext.java:105)

at com.sun.xml.bind.api.JAXBRIContext.newInstance(JAXBRIContext.java:116)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.metadata.InterfaceMetadata.createJAXBContext(InterfaceMetadata.java:95)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.metadata.InterfaceMetadata.getJAXBContext(InterfaceMetadata.java:86)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.metadata.InterfaceMetadata.createClientConfigurationContext(InterfaceMetadata.java:178)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.metadata.InterfaceMetadata.getProxy(InterfaceMetadata.java:70)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.core.SAPServiceDelegate.getPort(SAPServiceDelegate.java:258)

at javax.xml.ws.Service.getPort(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.managementconsole.soap.jaxws.sapcontrol.SAPControl.getSAPControl(SAPControl.java:35)

at com.sap.managementconsole.wsclient.jaxws.JaxWsDataLoader.init(JaxWsDataLoader.java:1870)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.SAPInstanceImpl.connect(SAPInstanceImpl.java:129)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.SAPInstanceImpl.initInstance(SAPInstanceImpl.java:83)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.SAPInstanceImpl.<init>(SAPInstanceImpl.java:58)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.SAPInstanceFactory.getInstance(SAPInstanceFactory.java:33)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.SAPSystemManagerImpl.getSAPInstance(SAPSystemManagerImpl.java:106)

at com.sap.enginemanagement.impl.GenericSystemListenerImpl.systemChanged(GenericSystemListenerImpl.java:35)

at com.sap.sapmc.control.notification.SAPSystemsController$EventThread.run(SAPSystemsController.java:201)

So, does it means that I have no access to the server port? I'm trying to connect on instance 56.

Regards,

Nelson Bertolino

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Nelson,

could you please answer these questions?

can you add any other instances (besides the one with instance num 56) or do you have problem only with this one?

Do you have firewall in your landscape that eventually could cause the problems?

What JDK are you using for this NWDS client? As I can see from the trace you are using one from sun/oracle. Could you please make an attempt to install SAPVM6? You can get it from here: https://nwds.sap.com/swdc/downloads/updates/netweaver/nwds/nw/731/doc/files/sapjvm6.msi

(this link is for 731, because the 730 one is broken at the moment, we are working on it already. the SAPVM6 is the same anyway for both of them).

Thanks and Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ervin,

1 => No, I can't. But when I put an invalid instance like 99 for example, the NWDS shows me an error message. When I use a valid one, I have no message, no error (except for the log).

2 => Yes, we have a firewall but only for internet access. I'm performing an intranet access to the Java AS. I've checked the my own Windows Firewall and it seens to be ok. I haven't checked the Server Firewall yet.

3 => Ok. I'll download this version and I'll try again.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Nelson Bertolino

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check if port 5**13 is open at server side

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I've downloaded and installed SAP VM6 and it solve my issue. Now I can add the JAVA AS.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Nelson Bertolino

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

good news!

Also it is interesting for me, I try to keep this solution in mind to see if we can observe this phenomenon at other customers.

Best Regards,

Ervin