Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Function Activation x Ongoing parallel projects

Valdecir
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´d like to count on your expertise and experience to help me out on the best approach regarding BF activation while managing several parallel projects.

Solution Manager 7.01 SP25 is available, however business process documentation is poor and no TBOM is created, so BPCA is out of question.

Does any one have knowledge that can be shared regarding best practices on activating BFs?

I already saw that we should use a sandbox system where we can activate desired BFs and test them independently from maintenance landscape. However this approach only handles the first part of the problem. Once we activate the BF in the maintenance landscape, how can we identify whether intermediate go-lives (parallel projects) do not bring undesired (BF´s objects) into production ?

Many thanks

Valdecir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you should wait till your parallel projects finish to activate business functions. At the same time you can generate impact analyzer report from SMP to check what all t-codes will be effected by activating particular business function. By this you will get an idea what all area will be effecting by activating particular business function and based on that you can decide whether to activate the business function or not.

Link to get impact analyzer report is: http://service.sap.com/erp-ehp.

Thanks

Sunny

Valdecir
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

We already thought about this option, however it is not possible because customer has monthly enhancements and in some cases roll-out go-lives. There is no plan in the next two years to change this approach as there are a lot of business requirements already set and in course to be fulfilled by these monthly go-lives.

On top of that, BF are required now for some of these projects.

That´s why I´m seeking for best practices for activating BFs in a scenario where we do not have BCPA in place yet.

Thanks a lot!

Valdecir

Valdecir
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

One more information. We are talking about a customer that have business in several countries around the world, and this is the main reason we have so much projects in parallel.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Best solution, I can think of is club business function activation with any one of roll-out. During cut-over period, you can move the business activation transport to production. And prior to that you need to complete testing in the sandbox system.

Thanks

Sunny