Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO BI 4.1 SP1 oracle Installation

former_member552170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed 4.1 sp1 on test server recently and migrated the contents from 3.1 sp4 production. I want to clarify one thing, i have installed oracle 11g and oracle client 64 bit on BO server. Is that enough or i need to install 32 bit oracle client?  In 3.1 we used universes to fetch data from BW. So my doubt is do i need to install 32 bit oracle client in BO 4.1 or 64 bit is enough?

Please suggest your inputs.

Thanking you in anticipation

Obinna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

no, even for the migrated content the 64 Bit Middleware is sufficient enough for the Server components.

Regards

-Seb.

former_member552170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your support. I have one more doubt. Do i need to install oracle client in client machine? My development team is using client tools in client machine to develop reports or modify the existing reports using client machine.Client machine is 32 bit. They are facing TNS error while developing new reports. Please suggest your inputs.

Obinna

0 Kudos

Hi,

sure, you need to install the Oracle Client on the Machines where the Development takes place. For example on the Machines where the Universe Designer, Information Design Tool, etc. is installed.

Please note: The Client Tools are still in 32 Bit Mode. So please install the 32 Bit Oracle Client on the developer Machines. You also need the TNSNAMES entries on the Client Machines.

Basically its still the same in BI4.x as in XI 3.1

Regards

-Seb.

former_member552170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your inputs.

Obinna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cyril,

If you will install the client tools on server side, you need to install 32 bit oracle client in BO 4.1.

Best regards,

Maha.

former_member552170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maha,

Thanks for your support. I have installed client tool on client machine not on BO server. Client machine is 32 bit. Please suggest your inputs.

Obinna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cyril,

You need to install the 32 bit oracle client on the client machines where client tools are installed.

Bset regards,

Maha.