cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to Variable Screen not possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

The query is created from Query Designer, with Variable on the Characteristics Company Code, Plant and Cost Center. I run this report and

enter the Variable for Cost Center only. I can see the result on the result screen. Everything looks good.

On the result screen, I have the following button:

New Analysis

Open

Save As

Variable Screen

Information

Send

Print Version

Export to Excel

I would like to go back to the main variable screen again, when I click on the Variable Screen button, I hit the following. I therefore

can enter the varible for Plant and Company Code.

You cannot change variable SINGLE_0PLANT for charact. 0PLANT during query navigation

You cannot change variable SINGLE_0ComCode for charact. 0Company Code during query navigation

Why is this happened? I noticed that I dont have this problem if I run the query from RSRT. I can still back to Variable screen by clicking on the Varible button. Is this bug?

Also, I noticed the Send button above is Disabled, is there a way we can Enable the Send button so that we can send the result screen via email?

Please advice, thank you!

Edited by: Linda on Oct 2, 2008 3:05 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

no answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

Did you get any solution to the issue?

I am also stuck in the similar kind of issue. If you can please help.

Regards,

Prajeet Tarve

Former Member
0 Kudos

At this moment, all the Characteristics are placed under Default Value section.

I know moved these Characteristics into Free Characteristic section.

I can now back to the Variable screen by clicking on the Variable button.

Seem like because the Characteristics are placed under Defult Value, but dont understand why?

What do you think?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linda.

It sounds like you are publishing to Web, is that right? Assuming it is...

In the Properties of the Web Template, you have an option for "Display Variable Screen" or "Force Variable Screen Display". Check it.

This will ensure the variable screen will be shown.

Hope that helps... points?

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not using Web Template.

The Query is built from the Query Designer, and I just execute the report from Query Desinger.