cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid workitem creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my workflow, the 1st activity generates a workitem and sends it to the inbox.I need to eliminate creation of the workitem and yet continue workflow processing.How do i do this?

Please help.

Regards,

Monica.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi monica,

This looks a lot like two different functional requirements.

Therefore I think the easiest and most transparent solution would be 2 different WF templates.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Delete the step from your workflow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did not understand what you mean by "delete" step from workflow.Could you please explain further?

I need this step because the next activtity is dependant on this.

Thanks,

Monica.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

as a work-around you can execute it as an administrator and let the flow go on.

To skip a WI already created you can let it be refused by the user (it's a check box in step definition) or you can create a parallel flow (2 braches - 1 to close ) with a waiting event (in this case you nedd to develop something to manage the raising event). Anyway you have to change your WF definition.

Regards,

Gianluca

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure what you are trying to do. You cannot have a step that depends on a step which should not be created. Not without some form of timetravel anyway.

I may have misunderstood, I thought you were talking about a WF definition. If you are talking about a running WF instance and you want to cancel/ignore a step that's already been created then Gianluca's answer should be what you're after.

Cheers,

Mike