cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry - when updating SMP SDK do i need to recreate my branded Agentry client?

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

For an existing Agentry application I plan to upgrade from SMP SDK 3.0 to SDK 3.1. My question is, after this upgrade, in addition to building a new application in Eclipse, am I also required to recreate from scratch the branded Agentry client in Xcode with the new client that comes with SMP SDK 3.1? The branded Agentry iOS client I'm currently using has some custom OpenUI code, so if the branded client needs to be recreated from scratch I'll have to move this new code to the new branded client.

This application runs on both iOS and Windows, would I need to recreate the client for both platforms? I'm hoping there's a way I can migrate the branded clients to the new SDK 3.1 without recreating them from scratch.

Thanks very much,

Tim Sheppard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member669395
Discoverer
0 Kudos

If I understand correctly, you're wondering if you need to make a new project in XCode to update your branded client. Please me know if I'm missing something.

The answer to that question is no. You should be able to update your existing XCode project with the new framework resources.

Replacing the existing

SMPAgentryClientResources.bundle

in your project with the updated one for 3.1 should take care of updating all of your references to the framework.

Hope that helps,

Ben

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

Ben,

Thanks very much that helps. Can you tell me how it would work on the Windows side, do I need to replace the AgentryClient.exe with the new version of this file that comes with SDK 3.1?

Thanks, Tim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jianhua_duan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

For Windows platform, you could upgrade your WPF client by installing the new SDK 3.1 WPF client to the existing 3.0 WPF client install directory.

But for your custom controls, You will need to remove the existing reference to the 3.0 AgentryClientSDK.dll from your open UI project, and add the reference to the 3.1 AgentryClientSDK.dll to your openUI project, and then rebuild your custom controls, and copy the binaries to the CustomsControls folder in the WPF client install directory.

Thanks,

Jenny

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

Jenny,

I actually don't have any custom OpenUI code on the WPF client, it's only on the iOS client. It was needed there due to a difference the in the iOS client handled numeric data entry fields out of the box.

Thank you, Tim