cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affect of patch upgrade on personalization / configurations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I wanted to know what will be the affect of patch upgrade on configurations that are created on a WD ABAP application. If I create a configuration and make some fields of a WD ABAP application invisible will it stay that way even after patch upgrade?

If they stay will the correction done with the patch upgrade be available in the configuration as well??

Also I wanted to know if we can add an image to the existing view using configuration?

Regards,

Seema Rane.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the valuable reply.

Let me reframe my last question. I don't want to add a UI element for image to the WD ABAP application. The Image element is already present in the standard application. I just wanted to know if I can pass the value for source parameter for the image using configurations? I've already uploaded the image in the MIME Repository and want to show it in the image element of the application.

Regards,

Seema Rane.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I've never tried that myself, but accroding to the online help the source property of the Image UI element can be personalized/configured by an Administrator:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/a3/c0eb41eda96624e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thank you very much for providing this valuable information. I guess most of my questions have been answered.

Regards,

Seema Rane.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>If I create a configuration and make some fields of a WD ABAP application invisible will it stay that way even after patch upgrade?

Most likely yes. It is possible for an application to change so much during the upgrade that exist configuration is invalidated and would have to be rebuilt. For instance a WD component gets refactored or completely rebuilt with a new framework like FPM. Then the view and element ids may not even be the same or be structured completely different.

>If they stay will the correction done with the patch upgrade be available in the configuration as well??

Absolutely. Configuration is like a script that is applied at runtime over the top of the existing application. It doesn't actually change the underlying application.

>Also I wanted to know if we can add an image to the existing view using configuration?

You can't add new UI elements using Configuration.