Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS Service on HCP

SS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

We want to use PDF functionality on HCP.I understand there is ADS service available in HCP for Adobe applications.

But in prerequisites I also see that SAP Netweaver Gateway is a prerequisite.In case we do not have SAP Netweaver gateway then can this service still be activated and used in HCP?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

Can you please elaborate more on your scenario. Sounds interesting. Are you looking to use ADS service to generate PDF forms for a UI5 application deployed on HCP. What does the UI5 application do, does it connect to a backend ABAP system ?

I agree with Vladimir's comment. I was earlier investigating if ADS service could be used if there is a SAP Java stack on the customer's premise.

Cheers,

Murali

SS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Yes,we are looking to generate PDF Forms from UI5 application deployed on HCP.But we have no ABAP backened.

This is an application where data resides in HCP environment and also UI5 application has been deployed on same.

Thanks

Swati

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

SAP Forms as a Service is a hybrid solution. The ADS (Adobe Document Service) runs in the cloud while the forms processing framework still remains on-premise.

If you are looking to provide interactive forms in your HTML5 Apps, I think it would be better to consider building the online forms using HTML rather than putting a PDF. They are much lighter, have a better response time and can be used on different mobile devices. However, if you are just looking to create a static PDF form, may be you can try using open source Javascript libraries to generate PDF.

Cheers,

Murali

SS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks ..Murali

Yes currently in our application we are using Javascript libraries.But then I came across this option of ADS and thought this to be a good option as it a standarad service in HCP environment.

Thanks

Swati

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

According to official documentation, you only need SAP NetWeaver ABAP system. See also

SS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

But in my scenario I do not have SAP Netweaver ABAP system and I wanted to see if we can still use service to export UI5 application data into PDF.

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

From what it states - no. All prerequisites mention an ABAP system. You can also find more details about how it works in the aforementioned documentation links.