cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing standard tables from CDS views

daphneo
Explorer

Hi.

I am very new to public cloud and CDS views. We would like to read some table data from Public Cloud and it does seem that the old familiar table names are not in the list of tables to read from.

Take for example USR02 and UST12. Does these tables still exist in Public Cloud? If so, how can we create a CDS view to read from here as it seems like they are not in the list of predefined tables.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VitaliHarl
Advisor
Advisor

Hi, 

All the business tables you have used earlier are not available in Public Cloud. To be able get data from these tables you have to use their successors (CDS Views/API's that are Released for Cloud Development). Usually you can find successors in the properties of the object (see example below):

VitaliHarl_1-1709828865078.png

In your case, both tables has no tips in the properties, but they are very common and you can try to find successors by yourself.

VitaliHarl_2-1709829068371.png

You can try to press Ctrl+Shift+A and search with "api:use_in_cloud_development type: ddls *bus*us*" pattern. api:use_in_cloud_development - search only for released objects (Cloud Dev), type: ddls - CDS Views (Data Definitions).

VitaliHarl_0-1709828783243.png

Look at the first two objects from my search, they seems to be the same what you want to find.

• I_IAMBusinessUserLogonDetails
  • I_IAMBusinessUserBusinessRole

Another way is to find external APIs if you can't find any appropriate internal object.

https://api.sap.com/products/SAPS4HANACloud/apis/all 

BR,

Vitali

vhardzeyenka
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Just can add that looking for an API for logon data you can find this OData4 API https://api.sap.com/api/CE_BUSINESSUSER_0001/overview

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JimE
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please Reveiew: FAQs | SAP Help Portal

daphneo
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks. The fact that I cannot see USR02, will that be due to permissions or does the table not exist in Public Cloud anymore?