Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos

Spring cleaning at SAP MaxDB: we have just published updates for our SAP MaxDB community edition.

Go to the SDN download area to get the latest SAP MaxDB software packages:

• SAP MaxDB 7.6.06.10

• SAP MaxDB 7.7.07.16

For a comfortable upgrade from older versions, use the SAP MaxDB Installation Manager (SDBSETUP). If you prefer to use the command line, we also provide the SDBUPD command line wizard for updating the software. Both tools are part of the download packages. For more information, see SAP MaxDB Installation on Microsoft Windows and Linux.

As always, the SAP MaxDB software packages are published under the SAP Community License Agreement for SAP MaxDB: they are available for free. Note that you must not use those software packages for any SAP applications.

So what's new?

SAP MaxDB 7.6.06.10 is the current support package in the 7.6 lifecycle and provides all the latest fixes and performance enhancements. Note that this 7.6 version of the MaxDB software will most likely be the last 7.6 version to be published on the SDN. When the next major SAP MaxDB software versions becomes available, it is planned to remove MaxDB 7.6 from the SDN download area.

SAP MaxDB 7.7.07.16 is the current support package in the 7.7 lifecycle. This version provides, among other things, new features for the database check (internal file directory check) and Database Analyzer (new monitoring views and warnings) as well as improvements to the SQL Optimizer and database kernel (prefetching, improved deadlock analysis).

For more information, see Feature Lists per Database Version.

Both SAP MaxDB 7.6 and 7.7 are available for the usual platform set: Windows 32 and 64 bit, Linux 32 and 64 bit, AIX-PPC 64 bit, and Solaris Sparc and x86 (both 64 bit).

Download SAP MaxDB now and join the SAP MaxDB community!

Your SAP MaxDB team

12 Comments
0 Kudos
I tried downloading SAP MaxDB 7.6 for Win 32 and got the following error...
"Unfortunately we have trouble completing your download request. Please contact sdn@sap.com for further support."

I have the correct credentials for SCN...
Any ideas..?
Thanks,
Gautam
0 Kudos
Hi,

I have just checked the download links again and they are working fine. Since the download packages are distributed to several servers world-wide, there might be some time-delay until you see the latest update. Please try again later. If it's still not working, there might be a problem with your user login (in that case please contact SDN support).

Best regards
Andrea
Former Member
0 Kudos
Hello, Andrea,

I have the same problem: when attempting to download Database Studio 7.7 Win, I hit the "SCNSorry" message. I have attempted the download multiple times with the same result. My request to SDN for investigation has been waiting for an answer since March 16, and I doubt there will be an answer. Any further advice?

Regards.

Andy
0 Kudos
Hi Andy:

Here is something that might help you..

When I tried downloading the trail versions using SSO Certificate Login, I was not able to download. I deleted my SSO Certificate and used my S# instead and was able to download the trail versions..

Give it try.. Hope this helps..
-Gautam.
Former Member
0 Kudos
Gautam,

Appreciate the advice. Unfortunately, it does not seem to help in my case: I have tried both the certificate and ID logins with the negative result.

Regards.

Andy
Former Member
0 Kudos
I have finally managed to download the suite. Had to open a personal SDN membership from my home computer, and then everything worked. Issues with the download to the SAP laptop may be related to the VPN connection... Just in case this helps others.

Regards.

Andy.
Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi,

There is a way for community to know the list of features? Because if we go to SAP MaxDB Features page all links requires SMP login. and community isnt a SAP customer, then dont have SMP access.

imho: i think that all information about MaxDB configuration that stay in SAP notes, would be avaliable for community, i use SapDB since they come to opensource, but is a pain when i reach a info that i need but that info is at SAP Notes.
Former Member
0 Kudos
Any one know why SDBSETUP core dumps on Solaris 10 x86

This happened with both 7.6 and 7.7 installs

Here is the details of the errors I am getting.

GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: Failed to get connection to session: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.)
0 Kudos
Please use the SAP MaxDB forum for technical questions: SAP MaxDB

Regards
Andrea
Former Member
0 Kudos
I also cannot download the software!

What's up? Sometimes companies need a download pretty urgent and this problem seems to persist over quite a while (at least since april).... I'm pretty upset!

This is SAP and not any third class software rat-shop!
Former Member
0 Kudos
I can't even down load trying whole day - any alternative site to download.
Former Member
0 Kudos
Can't down load - I need it urgent