Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

[2021-11-18] Important note:

Information on SUM versions can be found on our SAP Support Portal page for Software Update Manager now, check that page instead, as the content of this blog post is no longer updated.

You are familiar with Software Update Manager (SUM), and with it's version 1.0. As Product Manager for SUM, I want to draw your attention to the fact that we have made SUM 2.0 available in September, as part of Software Logistics Toolset 1.0 SP stack 21. What does that mean for you?

SUM 2.0 available as of September 11th 2017

SUM 1.0 will still be around, so both SUM 1.0 and 2.0 will be offered in parallel. But each scenario is covered by only one of the SUM versions - the other SUM version will refuse to work on that scenario ("Hey buddy, you are on the wrong side of tools - ask my bro' for this"). But as Maintenance Planner will anyhow provide to download the adequate version for your scenario, you shouldn't experience this.

Which SUM for which scenario?

Easy decision matrix:

• SUM 2.0 is for ABAP single stacks, targeting systems based on BASIS 7.50 and higher
    (exception: SUM 2.0 is used for ZDO even if target is BASIS 7.40)

• SUM 1.0 is always used if the source system is either a dual-stack system, or a Java stack

• SUM 1.0 is used for ABAP stack if target is based on BASIS 7.40 or lower

The consequences:

• all System Conversions (transition SAP ERP to SAP S/4HANA) will be done by SUM 2.0.

• SUM 2.0 targets BASIS 7.50 and higher, which in turn requires that

• the source system is already Unicode, and

• the source is based on BASIS 7.00 or higher

Note that the coding of SUM 2.0 is not greenfield - it is the proven coding of SUM 1.0, but with a slimming cure, as it does not handle all the scenarios that the previous SUM 1.0 was covering.

What's in: Software Logistics Toolset 1.0 SPS 21?

Well, let's turn to the numbers game: the SL Toolset is still 1.0, and SP stack 21 is available since September. SL Toolset 1.0 SPS 21 includes SUM 2.0 SP 0 and SUM 1.0 SP 21.

See blog https://blogs.sap.com/?p=545723 on SL Toolset 1.0 SPS 21.

Stay tuned for more news with SUM 2.0, as soon as the new kid on the block is available.

Short FAQ on SUM 2.0

[added on September 23th 2017]

Q: Is SUM 2.0 part of SUM 1.0?
A: No, the two versions are delivered separately in their own archives

Q: Where do I find SUM 2.0 for downloading?
A: The archive is available in the download area. The landing page of the Software Logistics Toolset lists the link (among links to guides), see: http://support.sap.com/sltoolset

Q: I have used SUM 1.0 SP 20 for a system conversion run towards SAP S/4HANA. Now conversion is only offered with SUM 2.0 - can't I use SUM 1.0 any longer?
A: SUM 1.0 SP 21 can't be used for a conversion scenario. If you have used SUM 1.0 SP 20 for a conversion until now, the recommendation is to switch to SUM 2.0 SP 00. You may continue to use SUM 1.0 SP 20 for a while, typically 3 months after the next SP is available. This phase is called "patch-on-request": SUM 1.0 SP 20 is no longer available for download, but patches may be individually provided when required, based on an incident. Check the Maintenance Strategy of the SL Toolset which is attached to the respective SAP note, e.g. SAP Note 2475015 for SL Toolset 1.0 SPS 21.

Q: will SUM 2.0 cover the target 7.50 for java source systems in the future?
A: No, SUM 2.0 will remain as tool for pure ABAP based source systems.

Short FAQ on SUM 1.0

[added on May 13th 2018]

Q: Why is SUM 1.0 offered in two archives: SUM10SP22* and SUM10HDBSP22*?
A:

• You need the archive with HDB in the name whenever a SAP HANA database is part of your scenario: either your system is running on SAP HANA database, or you intend to migrate your system to SAP HANA database (using DMO of SUM)

• Reason is that the HANA client is only supported for EXT kernel, so you use SUM10HDB*

• With SUM 1.0 SP 22, this separation of SUM 1.0 archives happens for more operating systems than before, but it is not a new concept

• This is only relevant for SUM 1.0 - not for SUM 2.0 which uses EXT kernel anyhow

Boris Rubarth
Product Manager SUM, SAP SE

71 Comments
0 Kudos
Good to Know, thanks Boris
former_member1232
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Boris,

Will SUM 2.0 applicable in DMO as well?

Regards,
Amit
Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Amit,

yes, sure SUM 2.0 will allow DMO.

Regards, Boris
former_member218966
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello,

So SUM 1.0 will still cover DB Oracle -> HANA migration only option keeping NW 7.4 as a release?

Regards

Jan

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Jan,

yes, SUM 1.0 will continue to support DMO, in the given boundaries.

Regards, Boris
former_member1232
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

Thanks for your input. I believe maintenance planner is best judge what SUM version fits in for platform update.

Surprisingly we have been reaching out to SAP OSS to get the fix for below known issue in SP20. Its taking little longer then usual, I am sure they will sooner. I spoke to Günther on this matter as well yesterday.

Quick Question here - When SUM SP20 Patch10 is releasing by SAP?

---------------------< D019500 SEP/04/2017 >--------------------------
Phase RUN_RDDIT006 fails with ABAP runtime error DDIC_TYPE_REF_ACCESS_ERROR
During a run with patch level 09 of Software Update Manager 1.0 SP20, phase RUN_RDDIT006 may fail due to a runtime error DDIC_TYPE_REF_ACCESS_ERROR when a shadow table is being accessed. This error is corrected with patch level 10. If you encounter this runtime error before patch level 10 is available, contact the SAP support.

Thank you,

Amit Lal
Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Amit,

as always, we do not announce or predict the availability of any SUM PL, sorry. It depends on various factors like e.g. regression test results.

Regards, Boris
SK-EA
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Boris,

Will SUM 2.0 is going to offer a better table content comparison mechanism? In SUM 1.0 SP19 we tested this feature and it ran for close 120 hours.

Srinivas
rribeiro
Participant
0 Kudos
Great!

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Srinivas,

we do not have an adaptation of table comparison with SUM 2.0 SP 00.

Regards, Boris
0 Kudos
Hi Boris,

are there already instructions available, how to apply SUM 2.0 SP02 into SUM 1.0 SP21 (which contains 2.0 SP00) ? Currently I only can guess that after extracting the SAR archive of SUM 1.0 SP21 i need to overwrite the SUM dir with the content of the archive for SUM 2.0 SP02.

Thanks,

Juergen
Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Jürgen,

no overwrite required: you download either SUM 1.0 or SUM 2.0. It is not that one of them contains the other. Let me know if there is a part in my text (or any other) that may have created this impression.

Thanks, Boris

former_member1232
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

We got severe error on SUM 2.0 SP0 PL1 while fixing the minor issue during downtime. Same issue occured in SUM 1.0 PL9, but we able to proceed smoothly on same phase with the same fix applied. Just created an incident with AGS, and waiting for the fix, downtime numbers are manipulated now due to SUM 2.0 issues.

SAPup: /bas/749_REL/sapup/src/lmt_020_REL/src/upg/SAPup/SAPupCloneRUN.c:5114: detBucketSizes: Assertion `!((workTables)->ULDLH_FirstNode == (ul_dllistnode_t *)&((workTables)->ULDLH_Dummy) && (workTables)->ULDLH_LastNode == (ul_dllistnode_t *)&((workTables)->ULDLH_FirstNode))' failed.

*** FATAL: Got signal 'SIGABRT' (6)! Please contact the SAP support!
*** FATAL: SAPup got signal in phase 'EU_CLONE_MIG_DT_IMP', stack trace written to dev_SAPup.
EXEC> Process with PID 120326 terminated with status -6 at 20170922060622!

Regards,

Amit Lal
0 Kudos
September 22, 2017 at 3:24 pm

Hi Boris,

thanks a lot for your fast respnse.

However, I downloaded SUM 2.0 SP02, extracted it and only found one subdir “abap” in it. No startup program, nothing else. Thats why I came to the conculsion that this could not be a useful standalone archive.

Can you please check that ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Sorry, forgot to mention where I got the conclusion that SUM 1.0 SP21 contains 2.0 SP00.

In the download area you only find a patch 02 for SUM 2.0. Archive name is

This is what I got from maintenance planner as well.

Cheers,

Juergen
Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Jürgen,

now I see the point - this did not change with SUM 2.0:

• SUM archive is always the full SUM, no patches, although the archive is listed in the patch area

• SUM does not have a start program: it is being started by the SAP Host Agent when you use the browser URL as specified in the guide

Cheers, Boris

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Amit,

not sure why you post this here: the tool has an issue and tells you to contact SAP support, which you did - OK. Sorry that I am not able to contribute anything on that.

Regards, Boris

0 Kudos
Hi Boris,

thanks a lot.

This guide I was unable to find via the well-known paths.

Cheers,

Juergen
former_member1232
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Boris,

My bad, actually I should be sorry, it should marked as FYI only. Intention to share with other only.

Thanks again for your great blogs, appreciate all your inputs and making this SUM tool far optimized and best interactive tool from all previous tool versions, I still remember R3up days, it was huge challenge doing technical upgrades.

Regards,
Amit
Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Jürgen,

maybe worth to add the following link to your favorites:

http://support.sap.com/sltoolset

Cheers, Boris
former_member347504
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Boris.

Reading this post I think this is a good time to propose a new and important feature for SUM.

When using SUM, during the downtime phase (TABIM_UPG to be exact) you can see most of the downtime is importing the SAP_UI package and SPs.

The SAP_UI is unique since it is made of a lot of MIME repository objects (SAPUI5 libraries ZIP, JS, HTML, CSS, etc..) which are reimported for every patch and SP.

What I suggest is whenever you have multiple SAP_UI packages add a preprocessing phase to build a new package with the latest version of the MIME objects.

Then, Import that package somewhere later in the queue. This way fewer objects will be imported and the downtime will decrease a lot (the more packages, the more time we save).

Also, you can use the MP to add the latest patch for SAPUI5 (which are not a part of the SP imported) to the XML and import it in the XPRAS or TABIM_UPG phase of the upgrade.

It will save a lot of time since it will shorten downtime dramatically and save the import of SAPUI5 patches which are required anyway after the upgrade.

Many clients of ours will appreciate this change.

Please take into consideration when designing the new SP of SUM 2.

Yoav
GilbertoGan
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi all, I'm performing an HCM ECC 60 upgrade from EHP6 to EHP8,  and I want to try the SUM 2.0.

The process, only show mw the Phase: CHKTOOL/REQ_PRECHECK2_CHKTL, and at the end of this phase, the SUM process ends with a " YOUR PROCEDURE IS COMPLETE  " message, I don't have any other option after that.

In attachment you can see my screenshot.

Thanks in advance.

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
You have used the wrong URL: check the guide and use sumabap instead of chktool. Regards, Boris

GilbertoGan
Explorer
0 Kudos
You absolutely rigth, ... thanks

irashad
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all, I’m performing an  ERP_PRO upgrade from EHP7 to EHP8,  and I want to try the SUM 2.0.

During the upgrade I face the below please help.

RFC login to system PRO ashost MASAPPRO.almansour.grp nr 00 gwhost MASAPPRO.almansour.grp gwservice sapgw00 failed with code 28 key : Unknown error in lower level library

Regards,

Islam Rashad

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Islam,

connectivity issue ... I presume the system is available, and you have validated the DDIC user password, correct? I would try to find out more on the error in the log files, and create an incident, if required.

Regards, Boris
Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Yoav,

thank you for this proposal.
Indeed this is already implemented in SUM: objects that appear several times in the queue are only imported once, and the import uses the latest version of this object.

Regards, Boris
former_member347504
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Boris.

Are you sure the same works with mime objects?

So why SAP_UI import is so long?

Yoav
Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Yoav,

yes, sure. This only works if the GUID is identical, as the SUM can't compare mime objects with different GUIDs.

Boris
irashad
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Boris,

Any update for me .

Regards,

Islam Rashad

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Islam,

hm, I was not of aware of that you are waiting for more input from my side.
I asked you about general system availability, and provided the hint to create an incident.
Sorry to say that I can't provide more.

Regards, Boris

irashad
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Boris,

Sorry for not understanding you,I can access my system through SAP GUI on client 000 and client 900 with user name DDIC and password there is no problem ,but by using SUM I face an issue with ddic password in phase PREP_PRE_CHECK/PROFREAD during upgrade with Software Update Manager.

Please See Log:

#!--------------------------------------------------------------
#!---- MASKING file "/usr/sap/PRO/SUM/abap/log/PROFREAD.LOG"
#!---- TIME: 20171010175314 PHASE: PREP_PRE_CHECK/PROFREAD

1 ETQ201 Entering upgrade-phase "PREP_PRE_CHECK/PROFREAD" ("20171009162255")
2 ETQ214 Phase was executed 3 times before.
2 ETQ367 Connect variables are set for standard instance access
4 ETQ399 System-nr = '00', GwService = 'sapgw00' Client = '000'
1 ETQ206 Executing pre-phase DB specific actions 0/1.
1 ETQ200 Executing actual phase 'PREP_PRE_CHECK/PROFREAD'.
1 ETQ399 Phase arguments:
2 ETQ399 Arg[0] = ''
4 ETQ399 Starting dialog 'Passwords' at 20171009162255.
1 ETQ359 RFC Login to: System="PRO", AsHost="MASAPPRO.almansour.grp" Nr="00", Client="000", GwHost="MASAPPRO.almansour.grp", GwService="sapgw00"
2EETQ231 RFC Login failed
4EETQ399 Dialogue validator 'DDICValidator' failed with 'DDIC password does not work:
4EETQ399 RFC login to system PRO ashost MASAPPRO.almansour.grp nr 00 gwhost MASAPPRO.almansour.grp gwservice sapgw00 failed with code 28 key : Unknown error in lower level library.
4EETQ399 '.
4 ETQ399 Repeat dialog since input validation failed.
1 ETQ359 RFC Login to: System="PRO", AsHost="MASAPPRO.almansour.grp" Nr="00", Client="000", GwHost="MASAPPRO.almansour.grp", GwService="sapgw00"
4EETQ399 Dialogue validator 'DDICValidator' failed with 'DDIC password does not work:
4EETQ399 RFC login to system PRO ashost MASAPPRO.almansour.grp nr 00 gwhost MASAPPRO.almansour.grp gwservice sapgw00 failed with code 28 key : Unknown error in lower level library.
4EETQ399 '.
4EETQ399 '.
1EETQ399 Last error code set is: Too many failed attempts
1EETQ399 Error processing dialog 'Passwords'
1EETQ204 Upgrade phase "PROFREAD" aborted with severe errors ("20171010175035")

#!---- MASKING file "/usr/sap/PRO/SUM/abap/log/PROFREAD.LOG"
#!---- TIME: 20171012113259 PHASE: PREP_PRE_CHECK/PROFREAD

1 ETQ201 Entering upgrade-phase "PREP_PRE_CHECK/PROFREAD" ("20171010175313")
2 ETQ214 Phase was executed 4 times before.
2 ETQ367 Connect variables are set for standard instance access
4 ETQ399 System-nr = '00', GwService = 'sapgw00' Client = '000'
1 ETQ206 Executing pre-phase DB specific actions 0/1.
1 ETQ200 Executing actual phase 'PREP_PRE_CHECK/PROFREAD'.
1 ETQ399 Phase arguments:
2 ETQ399 Arg[0] = ''
4 ETQ399 Starting dialog 'Passwords' at 20171010175315.
1EETQ399 Last error code set is: Error in network interface: NIECONN_BROKEN
1EETQ399 Error processing dialog
1EETQ399X'Passwords'
1EETQ204 Upgrade phase "PROFREAD" aborted with severe errors ("20171011192936")

Best Regards,
Islam Rashad

Ambarish
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Boris,

Thank you for  giving information about new SUM 2.0. Was curious to know if there are any performance specific improvements for DMO to reduce downtime of systems with large data footprint?

e.g. improvement in row count (*) tasks , application table data migration or upgrade finalization phase specifically for DMO.

Thanks,
Ambarish
Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Ambarish,

no major improvements to mention concerning these points.

For each new SP version, I publish a blog on the news with the SL Toolset, and this blog contains the major news for SUM as well. The blog for SL Toolset 1.0 SPS 21 is linked above, in the text.

Regards, Boris
Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Islam,

thank you for opening an incident, as this is an issue to be handled by support.

Best Regards, Boris
Ambarish
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks boris.rubarth . I do follow your blogs 🙂
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

Thank you for this blog. Just one doubt which I don't see anywhere in SAP forums on upgrades i.e. what would be the way to take our java stack to NW 7.5? We currently have a dual stack environment, which we are going to split and then upgrade both stacks to 7.5. For ABAP, we will be using SUM 2.0 as you have mentioned but for Java Stack, I understand we can only upgrade it to 7.4 using SUM 1.0.

Thanks & Regards,

Ankur
Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Ankur,

well, the above statement is
"SUM 1.0 is always used if the source system is either a dual-stack system, or a Java stack"
As your system is a Java stack (after the split), you use SUM 1.0.

The restriction "7.50 or higher" is only valid for SUM 2.0, and for ABAP systems.

Regards, Boris
neeta_patel2
Participant
0 Kudos
HI Boris,

We are using SUM2.0 (latest version)  to upgrade from NW7.4 to 7.52 and are encountering the following issue in PREP/INPUT_CHECK/EXTRACTKRN_PRE:

Is there a work aorund to this issue, as the SUM screen that it fails on does not allow the error to be ignored.

• EXECUTING /usr/sap/LTP/SUM/abap/bin/SAPCAR -V -R /usr/sap/LTP/SUM/abap/exe -xvf /usr/sap/trans/EPS/download/igsexe_0-10007938.sar
    SAPCAR: processing archive /usr/sap/trans/EPS/download/igsexe_0-10007938.sar (version 2.01)
    SAPCAR: /usr/sap/trans/EPS/download/igsexe_0-10007938.sar is not digitally signed (error 59). No such file or directory
    SAPup> Process with PID 3393 terminated with status 59 at 20180220121337!

The following SAR files are not digitally signed:

• SAPCAR: processing archive igsexe_0-10007938.sar (version 2.01)
    SAPCAR: igsexe_0-10007938.sar is not digitally signed (error 59). No such file or directory

SAPCAR: processing archive icmadmin.SAR (version 2.01)
    SAPCAR: icmadmin.SAR is not digitally signed (error 59). No such file or directory

SAPCAR: processing archive ITS.SAR (version 2.01)
    SAPCAR: ITS.SAR is not digitally signed (error 59). No such file or directory

SAPCAR: processing archive wdispadmin.SAR (version 2.01)
    SAPCAR: wdispadmin.SAR is not digitally signed (error 59). No such file or directory

Regards, Neeta

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Neeta,

did you check the SUM guide? Unit on Verifying SAP Archives: "At the beginning of the update, you can decide on the first dialog of the SUM (on which the download directory is specified) if the authenticity of the archives shall be checked."

Did you check or un-check the option on the fist dialog (on which you specify the location of the stack.xml)?

Regards, Boris
neeta_patel2
Participant
0 Kudos
HI Boris,

I un-checked the option "Check archive authenticity" on the screen where the location of the where the location of stack.xml is specified - in the phase MOD_SELROADMAP/SELECT_ROADMAP.

My download directory is I believe the default , which is /usr/sap/trans/EPS/download, so I did not get prompted with screen for the download location and the flag you mentioned above.

Could you please advise further?

Thank You!

Regards,

Neeta

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Neeta,

if this is your first run with this SUM directory, and you do not see the dialog asking for the location of the stack.xml, then there is something wrong. You may try to reset the SUM run (followed by cleanup, and exit), then extract the SUM archive again, and start a new run.

Regards, Boris
neeta_patel2
Participant
0 Kudos
HI Boris,

I reset SUM and started over again (with reset and cleanup) and extarcted the SUM SAR file. The screen to enter the stack.xml was always displayed.  The option Check archive authenticity” is unchecked on both the screens that asks for the stack.xml and the download directory. I still have the issue. Is there something in out environment that is forcing the check? Please look at incident

:EXECUTING /usr/sap/LTP/SUM/abap/bin/SAPCAR -V -R /usr/sap/LTP/SUM/abap/exe -xvf /usr/sap/trans/EPS/download/igsexe_0-10007938.sar
SAPCAR: processing archive /usr/sap/trans/EPS/download/igsexe_0-10007938.sar (version 2.01)
SAPCAR: /usr/sap/trans/EPS/download/igsexe_0-10007938.sar is not digitally signed (error 59). No such file or directory
SAPup> Process with PID 3393 terminated with status 59 at 20180220121337!

Cheers!

Neeta
Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Neeta,

thank you for creating an incident. Glad to see in the incident that the issue was resolved meanwhile.

Regards, Boris
Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Boris,

We need to split the ERP (dual stack on NW7.01) then upgrade both ABAP and Java to NW 7.5 in parallel (They are in the same server after the split). Is it possible to run the both upgrade in parallel. If yes, which SUM tool to use for the upgrade and registration for the SAP host agent?

Thanks,

Jun
Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Jun,

after the split, the ABAP and the Java stacks are separated, and have to be handled separately.
For the Java stack, you use SUM 1.0; for the ABAP stack targeting 7.50, you use SUM 2.0.

Regards, Boris
Former Member
0 Kudos
Thanks Boris, so I can still run the parallel upgrade but just need to use a different SUM (1.0 for JAVA and 2.0 for ABAP) for registration to the SAP host agent and different url to start the SUM?
Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Jun,

thanks for following up, now I got your point, sorry: it is about two SUM running on one host, on two different systems.

Although we only have one port 1129 (for HTTPS; 1128 for plain HTTP), the URL contains the SID of the respective system. The SAP Host Agent configuration files contain the mapping from the URL to the path where the SUM is located. This mapping includes placeholders for the SID.
So a prerequisite is that both SUMs reside in the "usual" path: /usr/sap/<SID>/SUM. Otherwise the mapping will not work.

Regards, Boris

former_member192774
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi, Boris,

issue w SUM20SP01_4-80002456:

[root@***** abap]# ./SUMSTART confighostagent ERL
**** Restarting SAP Host Agent ****

saphostexec is already running (pid=1004). Stopping...-> Start /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/saphostexec pf=/usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/host_profile <-
start hostcontrol using profile /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/host_profile
**** Host Agent has been restarted ****
**** Host Agent configured, start the UI from the browser now ****
**** You are using SAP Host Agent version: ****
kernel release 721
kernel make variant 721_REL
patch number 17
**** Make sure that you have the latest SAP Host Agent version. See SAP Note 2219592 for more information ****
**** SUM ABAP: https://***:1129/lmsl/sumabap/ERL/doc/sluigui ****
**** SUM benchmark tool: https://****:1129/lmsl/migtool/ERL/doc/sluigui ****
**** SUM check tool: https://****:1129/lmsl/chktool/ERL/doc/sluigui ****
**** SUM Observer: https://****:1129/lmsl/sumobserver/ERL/doc/monitor/index.html ****

[erladm@*** abap]$ ./SUMSTART
++ Persisting server configuration.
++ Starting trusted connection with '_lmsl_sumabap_ERL' ...
+++ Connecting to SAPup via port 12040.
+++ Starting main SAPup process.

Try by:

Chrome v 57.0.2987.133

IE 11.0.9600.17501

FF 58.0.2

GUI Blank and wait answer from host...

#ps -ef|grep SAP
erladm 28534 17874 0 10:01 pts/1 00:00:00 /sapmnt/ERL/global/SUM/abap/bin/SAPup rootdir=/sapmnt/ERL/global/SUM/abap gt=httpchannel restart=3

p.s. SUM 1.0 work fine

What may by problem?

-------

Regards,

Vlad

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Vlad,

why do you have this:

[erladm@*** abap]$ ./SUMSTART

SUM is started by the host agent at the first HTTP request from the browser.

Regards, Boris