Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamiLechner
Advisor
Advisor

1.) The app does not respond or Cards which are supposed to load do not show up?

Answer:

Issue could be that network connection has hung up. To resolve do the following steps:

iOS: double click on the home button -> swipe the SAP Mobile Cards app to the top so it disappears from the task manager -> open the SAP Mobile Cards app again.

Android: Tap the Recents button (bottom-right has a square symbol-> swipe Mobile Cards’ preview to the right or left to close the app -> open the SAP Mobile Cards app again.

2.) I want to connect SAP Mobile Cards to a different SAP Cloud Platform mobile services account?

Answer:

For this you need to reset the app. To resolve do the following steps:

iOS: Open the iOS settings -> search for SAP Mobile Cards -> click on Reset Application -> exit settings -> open the SAP Mobile Cards again -> confirm the reset -> start connecting to new SAP Cloud Platform mobile services Account

Android: Open the Apps screen (grid of all apps) -> the Tap, hold and drag the Mobile Cards app icon toward the top of the screen -> drag and drop the SAP Mobile Cards icon onto the App Info icon -> Tap Storage -> start connecting to new SAP Cloud Platform mobile services Account

3.) I do not want a passcode anymore when I start SAP Mobile Cards

Answer:

For this you need to disable the passcode. To resolve do the following steps:

iOS: go to the iOS settings -> search for SAP Mobile Cards -> click on disable passcode -> exit settings -> start SAP Mobile Cards again -> enter passcode once -> now your passcode is disabled

Android: Repeat the steps described for resetting the app (FAQ Question 2). After successful on-boarding be sure to skip the setting of the passcode

4.) After entering SAP Cloud Platform credentials, I get the error “validation of authorization code request failed “.

Answer:

The OAuth authorization process failed. This could be network latency or a port being blogged in the network. To resolve reset the App (FAQ Question 2) -> turn off WIFI to ensure that all network traffic is not going through a proxy -> start the authorization again.

to stay tuned follow me sami.lechner or at twitter

more details and help @ SAP Mobile
4 Comments
former_member591769
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Sami,

This is really helpful! Thanks for sharing. Have a question: How do you restrict/determine to which user should the card be pushed? Let's say i want to push Card A to user A and Card B to user B, how can i achieve this?
SamiLechner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi

As we are fully respecting the authorisations and authentications set up on the backend only users with the right permissions will actually see the cards for everybody else nothing will show.

Sami
0 Kudos
Hi Sami, I do not have a reset the application option at all from Settings(FAQ 2 above), how can I reset the cards App on iOS? Thanks
Amandeep
Participant
0 Kudos
What's the difference between multi instance and single instance sap mobile cards?

Aman