Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomas_fery
Advisor
Advisor

NEW Statistics and Analysis Capabilities for Data Management Jobs

Q2.2022 QRC and wave 2022.07 bring brand new information to your tenants.

The Story can be accessed from the same place (Files > System > Common > SAC Content) as the other performance content that has been shipped to your tenants like the SAP Analytics Cloud Performance Statistics and Analysis and has the same look and feel.

But now we offer you the possibility to get an overview of jobs that have been scheduled in your tenant, with frequency, expiry date etc. to, for example, identify housekeeping potential, as well as the possibility to identify long runners and erroneous instances.

The Story contains two pages, Overview and Statistics. Both offer page filter for date, model ID, model name, creator, frequency and status of the job.

Overview

The starting page should give an overview of important KPIs like users that have scheduled jobs, the amount of schedules, the amount of instances as well as the amount of models that are used.

Below the KPIs we show the top 5 jobs or models by different runtime criteria to help you to identify problematic candidates.

Statistics

The statistics page shows averages, maxima, median and error percentage of all schedules.

The following time series with jobs and their maximum duration shows the historic trend of jobs and their maximum duration, but can also be used to check whether a specific job or model was long running already all the time, or whether we face a specific pattern over time.

This is followed by a table that shows all job instances descending by job duration. It provides information of job log start time, the corresponding model, message type, frequency, result, creator and instance ID.

Last you can get details on the job instance from the table above in the following table by selecting one entry and filtering down. You will get the full information on creation date, expiry date, model ID, update method, etc.. This should help you to answer all questions be it for reasons of housekeeping or performance analysis.

We hope that this new feature is helpful for you. Stay tuned for news, there is a lot more to come!
14 Comments
petrisnovak
Explorer
Hello Thomas,

thank you for this amazing article and very good news. Is it also possible to monitor scheduled jobs for public dimensions that are updating master data? Or is it available only for transactional data import jobs in models?

Thank you!

Petr
MC
Participant
Hi Thomas

Is it possible to monitor scheduled publications and automatically trigger an alert (f.e. an email) if a publication fails ?

Thank you
Marian
thomas_fery
Advisor
Advisor
Hi petrisnovak,

yes, you get the same information for master data updates.

Thanks,

Thomas
thomas_fery
Advisor
Advisor
Hi mcanciu,

publications are not part of the solution yet, but this is something we plan to add as soon as possible. I will update this blog once it happened.

Thanks,

Thomas
ssaettler
Explorer
Good morning Thomas,

that looks very interesting. Having the chance to monitor these Import job statistics further was a long time wish.

Unfortunately i cannot find the new content on our 2022.07 tenant. Neither in the existing stories nor a new story has been added. Is there something i have to do manually?

Cheers

Sebastian

ShailendarAnugu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Dear Sebastian,

Nice to hear from you!!

i have the story in my tenant under files --> system--> common --> SAC content.

SAC version is 2022.08 now.

Thanks,

Shailu.
ssaettler
Explorer
Hey Shailu,

nice to hear from you too 🙂

And thanks for clarifying. We will get Wave 2022.08 i guess next week. I let you know if its still not visible 🙂

Cheers

Sebastian
ssaettler
Explorer
Hi Shailu,

i have to get back to you with the still existing issue. We are still missing on Wave 2022.08 the mentioned new SAC Story.
thomas_fery
Advisor
Advisor
Hi ssaettler,

the content is deployed to all tenants automatically.

Do you see the other content in the file repository under System > Common > SAC Content? Could you please open an incident for this?

Thank you,

Thomas
petrisnovak
Explorer
Hi Thomas,

I am investigating this new content and so far I was able to successfully track all import jobs for:

• Public dimensions (master data update)

• Classic Account Models (transactional data update)

But for some reason it seems that import jobs that were triggered for new "measure-based" models are not captured in this content. Could you please just confirm that this content should capture all the imports no matter what kind of model is used?

For old classic models it works without any problem and on top that it does not matter if the data were uploaded from the Excel file only once or via scheduled job from BW for example. Everything is captured properly. But for new model type - not a single row is appearing in reporting tables. Is there anything I had missed?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Petr
thiagofcs
Explorer
Hi,

I'm having this same issue. I can't see one model I created as the new measure-based model captured in the Data management job statistics and analysis.

Did you find a way to get this captured?

Thanks,

Thiago
petrisnovak
Explorer
Hi Thiago,

unfortunately no 😔. It would be great to get some feedback from SAP regarding to this issue.

Please let me know if you ever manage to solve it.

Thanks!

Petr
lenagessel
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi petrisnovak and thiagofcs

Sorry, that we missed your questions.

I would like to let you know, that it is the known gap with showing the statistics based on new models. The issue is under our development. Please follow our release announcements.

Regards,

Lena
SayedZubair
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Hi lenagessel

Is there any deadline by when this report would include the job details on Measure based models? We were looking for a report that shows all the job details and started using "Data Management Jobs Statistics and Analysis" However we got a blocker stating Measure based models are not included. So now the report looks incomplete.

Could you please share an insight if this will be included anytime sooner?

Regards,

Sayed Zubair