Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Integration Community,

In this blog I shall outline the FAQs while using Tracing capability in SAP Cloud Platform Integration and some troubleshooting steps in case user is facing any issue while using the same.

• What’s version of Eclipse and HCI Tooling?

• User shall be using Eclipse Neon.3 and latest version of Cloud Platform Integration Tooling. (installation instructions are available at https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/#cloudintegration )

1. Eclipse versions older than Neon are not supported and tracing feature would not work there. (i.e. Eclipse Luna/Kepler/Mars etc.)

• Is log level configuration set appropriately to use tracing feature?

• With the June 21st, 2017 release of SAP Cloud Platform Integration a set of capabilities have been released targeting to simplify troubleshooting in message processing. Following blog outlines and captures the same.https://blogs.sap.com/2017/06/22/cloud-integration-setting-the-log-level-for-message-processing/

• In order to use the tracing feature user shall set the Log Level of the integration flow to 'Debug'. This can be done using Web UI monitoring by accessing the integration content under manage integration content tab.

• Is tracing enabled for given integration flow ?

• Tracing must be enabled for given integration flow using trace configuration tab available within tenant editor in cloud platform integration tooling in eclipse.

• Is tracing enabled at tenant level?

1. Tracing must be enabled on the tenant via tenant configuration. This is enabled by default. (Configuration can be enabled by SAP Cloud Platform Integration Support [a])

• Has the trace enablement expired by the time user is trying to use trace after tracing was enabled for given integration flow?

1. View trace shall be done within expiry period of trace enablement. Default is 10 mins (Expiry configuration can be updated by SAP Cloud Platform Integration Support [a])

• Does user have required authorizations?

1. User doing view trace must have authorization “Business Expert” assigned to him/herself.

• Has message processing happened after enabling the tracing configurations?

1. Once tracing is enabled the message processing should be triggered again, user cannot trace the messages from past which were processed before enabling trace configuration. (Run the scenario again).

• Was View Trace/Tracing performed within configured time of retaining the trace data. (default is 60 mins)? 

1. "No trace payloads available, trace may be switched off or trace was removed post configured retention time ". What it means is even when tracing is enabled the trace data will be removed post 60 min.

• Was retrigger of scenario done after enabling any of above configuration changes?

1. In case of any changes in one of above configuration re-trigger of the message processing is needed for trace data to be made available to the user.

[a] : SAP Cloud Platform Integration Support cab be reached at LOD-HCI-PI-OPS

--

Best Regards,

Bhuvan Mehta

2 Comments
0 Kudos

Hi @Bhuvan Mehta – I am unable to Enable the trace Configuration for my iFlow in Test Tenant.

1.  I am using the Eclipse Neon.3 IDE and also the latest cloud platform tooling.
  2.  I have set the Trace level as Header and body at the trace configuration.
  3.  I have set the Log level to debug as well for the deployed iflow.
  4.  I have the role set as administrator and developer 
  5.  But  I am unable to see the any iflows under the trace configuration to enable the trace functionality.

Am i missing anything here ? Any pointers on this ?

Thanks & Regards

Rajesh

0 Kudos
Please update to latest Eclipse Tooling for Cloud Platform Integration, available from https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/