Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hcordeiro
Explorer
Summary

Learn how use 'PATCH' method HTTP Adaper CPI

Introduction

These days I had some trouble with a requirement of an iflow trying connect to a Rest API through 'PATCH' method. So, I want to share how I overcome this requirement.

Problem:

• How HTTP adapter looks like

Picture 1

• Some methods are available on CPI as we can see picture 2 and looking in other tool like postman(picture 3) we can see other possibilities.

Picture 2

Picture 3

• So, when I try to send a message with any of these methods available on CPI to the endpoint with "PATCH" method I got a message like "method not allowed"

Solution:

• To solve that we need to create a "Content Modifier" declaring the header camel property "CamelHttpMethod" and the source value need to be filled with a method of your need, in my case was "PATCH".

Picture 4

• After that, just need to adjust the Adapter choosing a dynamic method, insert the expression "${header.CamelHttpMethod}" and deploy your iflow

Picture 5

Hope that help you as helped me.

Hope, you like the post, I am looking forward to receiving your comments to the post!

Regards,

Henrique Cordeiro
2 Comments
amandacristo
Explorer
0 Kudos
Amazing Tip! Thanks!!!
ademir_barbosa
Explorer
0 Kudos
Excelente dica!!!

Obrigado, Henrique Cordeiro.