Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nash_gajic
Explorer

As a ‘relatively’ new deployment option for SAP’s user experience, Fiori cloud edition simplifies and streamlines the implementation process of Fiori via a cloud service reducing the need for the installation, upgrade and back-up processes of the ABAP Front End Server using HANA Cloud Platform.

In this tutorial, you will learn how-to quickly implement My Inbox application using the advantage of Fiori Cloud edition to change one of the most daunting tasks that a majority of managers do on a regular basis – approve SAP workflows.

In this first step, I will configure the back-end system connection to access real service data in our project. Sign up and get started with the SAP Gateway Demo Consumption System using this link.

Click “Sign up here!” to connect your SAP HCP developer account to the demo backend system.

1. After a successful registration log on to the gateway system with your previously registered login data.

2. Execute SAP Business Workplace transaction code - SBWP to make sure that there is something in our workflow which can be assigned to a user.

3. Assign something to your workflow (in my case I already had two requests assigned, considering that you have been just registered you might have nothing in your workflow) by executing /nswxf

4. Create Notification of Absence filling some basic information and click on Save.

5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you reach three workflow items in your Inbox.

6. Log in to your HCP cockpit and go to Services > OData provisioning > Configure OData provisioning

7. Click on Roles and highlight GW_Admin and click Assign to assign your user ID and click Save – (repeat this process for GW_User)

8. Configure Destination to backend demo system (ES4) by clicking on Destinations > New Destination (make sure that your URL ends with – iwbep) and that your user and password details are reflecting your details from ES4 registration process.

9. Go to your OData provisioning service by clicking on Go to Service

10. This will open up OData Provisioning Administration page where you are going to register for OData Service.

11. Select your Destination by clicking on your backend demo ES4 and search for OData service needed for My Inbox Fiori application.

12. In order to pick the right OData service go https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/ and click on SAP Fiori apps on SAP HCP filter for My Inbox > Implementation Information > Configuration and find OData Services (TASKPROCESSING version 002)

13. Go back to your OData Provisioning Administration screen and register TASKPROCESSING version 2 service

14. Test the OData service by opening the Service Document

15. Go to Destinations > New Destination and create the destination on the account level which points to your gateway as a service

16. Go to Subscriptions and find Fiori Cloud edition provided My Inbox Application > crossfndfioriinbox

17. Edit the required destination and point to mapped account ES4_ODP

18. Go to Subscriptions > HANA Cloud Portal > Go to Service

19. Click on Site Directory > Fiori Tile

20. Click on My Inbox tile which will the reflect number of workflow items (previously created notifications of absence)

Special Thanks to HCP Product Management team and Suparna Deb on invaluable #hijackingMay session covering HCP, OData Provisioning!

21 Comments
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting the following error when selecting open service documnet in taskprocessing service in step 14.Please check

nash_gajic
Explorer
0 Kudos

That is normal being on hcp trial account. This tutorial requires productive instance of Fiori Cloud Edition.

former_member182710
Participant

Great work Nash, I need to try this myself and I will use the article as a reference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sad news.Anyway thank u Nash nice blog. .

rajeshragupat
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Good Blog Nash. Will try it out soon.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The SAP Fiori, cloud edition (extended demo) http://www.sap.com/fiori-demo  is running on the productive landscape, not the HCP trial.

Ellie_Ge
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Great article, thank you Nash for sharing!

nash_gajic
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hello Nash,

Thank you very much for your sharing. I used my on-premise system instead of ES4, the connection is OK. But after I created a new vacation request in SWXF, there's no new workflow in SBWP. Could you please suggest what should I do?
SRudra
Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Folks,

I am working with HCP trial account and stuck on step 16. Can someone guide on how to get 'sapfioriapps' on HCP. I tried to find the same using Implementation guide in fiori apps library, but had no luck as the guide does not exist!

Thanks

Sukanta Rudra

SRudra
Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Nash,

We can  have the features in trial account. Please assign your yourid with GW_ADMIN role. After assigning, do wait for half an hour for changes to get into effect. Your rights will get reflected.

Thanks

Sukanta Rudra

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Sukanta,

Did you find a solution for step 16? I am stuck at the same point, unable to find sapfioriapp: 'crossfndfioriinbox' on HCP trial as well premium account.

Regards,

Arpit Sinha
marcosmata
Participant
0 Kudos
Im stuck in the same step!
john_knight00
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Sukanta, Arpit, Marcos,

To be able to view the standard Fiori apps you need to add the content inside the Cloud Portal admin cockpit.

For further details, have a look at SAP Fiori Launchpad Configuration Cockpit.
Former Member
0 Kudos
Can you explain how to do this?
bartvandekamp
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks for you very descriptive blog.  In step 8 you connect with the ES4 backend and already maintain a user. In a more real scenario we want to connect with some customer backend system and while opening the app get a popup to logon should appear (thus not a fixed user). Therefore we tried the available options under authentication, however no success. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Best Regards,

Bart
john_knight00
Explorer
You must first log into the Cloud Portal admin site and select “Content Packages” from the tab on the left hand side. Then click on the “Add Content” button.

Then, select which package you need to load into SCP.

When it has finished loading, the content will then be available. You will have to publish the site in order to see the apps in the Launchpad.

john_knight00
Explorer
0 Kudos
You will need to configure the Single Sign On between SCP/IAS and SAP backend system to enable a smooth and seamless authentication process. I recall there are at least two options: SAP Assertion SSO and Principal Propagation through temporal X509 certificates issued by the SCC and trusted by the ERP.

You could checkout this link for Principal Propagation. We have successfully integrated this scenarios many times.
former_member42071
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi,

I already implemented My Inbox app with Back-end system and gateway several times.

With Sap Cloud Platform, I don't find where we can define the scenario definition. In gateway system, we have in "spro" "scenario definition", in this option we can create several scenarios and then we have to add the parameters "scenarioId" in the Launchpad designer. So the application will filter on the scenario and will not display all work items.

How can I do the same on SCP ?

Thank you in advance

Best Regards
former_member435529
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Nash and thanks for your blog.

After setting up MyInbox on HCP, it displays the counter with the number of workitems to approve but I have the error

'Check the URL parameters and the scenario definition. To check the scenario definition, go to customizing for SAP NetWeaver Gateway and choose SAP NetWeaver -> Gateway Service Enablement -> Content -> Task Gateway Service -> Scenario Definition."

Which Scenario Definition should be defined in this transaction above? and how do I link it to the MyInbox app?

Thanks,

Javier
Hi Nash,

To the same my Inbox (crossfndfioriinbox) subscription, can we map more than one account level destination with different portal sites?

Suppose another portal site is already using the crossfndfioriinbox subscription, can we also use the same subscription for out portal site?

Thanks

Regards,

SIndhu
Labels in this area