Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant
0 Kudos
I recently updated my SAP GUI for Windows to 7.50, and I noticed some quirky things to happen, that didn't appear in prior releases.

One thing I noticed was affecting the Directory selection of the Frontend services (CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES=>DIRECTORY_BROWSE). It appeared as if my Desktop folder has been set as intial folder, preventing me to traverse up to some more useful folders:

I tinkered a bit around with the Class test tool, and I noticed that, if I provide \ (root directory) as value for parameter INITIAL_FOLDER, I get the Directory selection I was accustomed.

Finally, I invoked method CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES=>DIRECTORY_SET_CURRENT (despite the developer comment to not use), providing value \ for parameter CURRENT_DIRECTORY, and that did the trick.

Now my Directory selection let me select useful folders again:

2 Comments
jude_bradley
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
When I run a test on the same  method I get SAP_GUI as the default entry point

What gui patch are you using? Did you test with patch level 3?
Participant
0 Kudos
Sorry for late reply,

I created this blog back in middle/end September, and never thought it will be published yet by SAP.

I still use Patch level 2. I noticed that after some time the behavior did "snap back", but now I help myself by typing the complete target folder path directly into the folder input field, which works for me.

Labels in this area