Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
former_member182874
Active Contributor

My Spend is a complex application when it comes to configuration. In order to make it work seamlessly, a joint effort from FICO functionals as well as Fiori Architect is required.

What is My Spend?

My Spend application is a Manager application in Fiori, where a manager can have a track on the budget allocated at department and Project level, and where it is spent.

This app consolidates budget and spending information and visualizes it in an easy-to-consume way.

Does it require HANA DB?

There are 2 My Spend application(Both transactional).

Key Features

• Provides accurate budget and spend information anywhere and anytime.
  • Provides graphical as well as detailed level analysis of budget spent and budget left.
  • Highlights budget spent as per the time period (Quarter, Months or Fiscal Year).
  • View budget and actual spending data of your departments and projects
  • Display the overview of a specific area, including the budgeted and actual spending
  • Drill down by various dimensions and to the corresponding accounts

Prerequisites

Make sure you implement all mandatory notes for SAP_UI component version and App specific component notes. Recommended approach is to go with the latest release of Support pack.

Install mandatory notes

Check if you have read and implemented following note :

Back-End/Front-End Server

SAP Note Number

Description

Back-end server and front-end server

1940348Information published on SAP site

Collective SAP Note for the My Spend app

For more information on implementation : App Implementation: My Spend - SAP Fiori Apps for Lower Back-End Releases - SAP Library

Enter the URL in Google Chrome

Wave 1 :

http://<Hostname>:<Port>/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/ui5_co_spe_mon

Wave 2+ to latest :

Can be accessed through Fiori Launchpad http://<Hostname>:<Port>;/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/FioriLaunchpad.html

or view SAP Fiori cloud demo :

SAP Fiori, Demo Cloud Edition

• Now the cost center group is maintained in Personalization. FPB_MAINTAIN_PERS_S
  • Here we can use only 2 personalization dialog: DIA_CCMONITOR and DIA_IOMONITOR, as these are hardcoded in the services. If enhancement is required, we can include for other dialogs as well.

4. Execute it and provide Customer Data in the required field below.

1. Similarly follow for internal order as well. Make sure Budget allocation in transaction KP06 is set properly.
  2. Once the configuration is properly set. Please check from Fiori front.
  3. As we have 3 cost centers configured against 1 cost center group, we see here 3 boxes.
  4. Color coding will be as per the Budget exceeded, Near to exceed, Below Budget.
  5. Click/tap on area of Cost center group/Cost center to see the detailed view.
  6. Click on View details.
  7. We can also filter by Other Time Periods: Quarter, Month or Fiscal Year as per below screenshots:

• Below page defines the overall field definition of My Spend and from where the data is coming into picture.

• A Cost center group is configured in transaction KSH3 and in that Cost center group, Cost centers are added, which has to be shown. I have maintained 3 cost centers here. Make sure you maintain hierarchy properly.
  • Postings are done from tcode : FB60

PS : Below Screenshot is from Fiori Wave 1 - My Spend (without HANA)

This application covers CO area and deals with only Cost center and Internal order as a standard application. But can be enhanced to cover more areas, depending on customer requirement.

Adding snapshots from SAP Fiori Demo Cloud edition

Access My Spend application here and see how it works :

https://demo-fioritrial.dispatcher.hana.ondemand.com/sap/hana/uis/clients/ushell-app/shells/fiori/Fi...

- Tejas Chouhan

62 Comments
nicolasszdz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for this clear procedure. I tried to configure our system accordingly, but the app triggers the following error message :

There are no departments assigned to you.

Have you got a hint to avoid this error?

Thank you for helping.

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

Yes this error is because the cost center and Internal order is not properly configured in your system. I hope you are following the correct hierarchy procedure in maintaining Cost center group and Internal order group.

Please share snapshot of transaction KSH3 and KP06, where budget is allocated.

Regards,

Tejas

nicolasszdz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Tejas,

Thank you for your answer. Here are the screen shots :

KSH3 :

And KP06:

nicolasszdz
Explorer
0 Kudos

KP06 :

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the transaction KSH3 :

1. Create new Cost center group, say TEST
  2. Now create a hierarchy, by Clicking on Lower Level
  3. A tree like structure opens up
  4. Add HR and press enter. Now add cost centers in this
  5. Enter your cost center here, which is used in Postings. Check in doc number in FB03
  6. Save it
  7. Now enter the Cost Center group TEST in transaction FPB_MAINTAIN_PERS_M

Similiarly do for Internal order group in tcode KOH3.

BR

Tejas

nicolasszdz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer. I followed the steps, but still have the error message.

I don't get the link between department and user. can you please explain? Any HR data to maintain ?

Thank you for helping, sure we're close to succeed now.

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please make sure you are giving the right cost center and right cost center group in FPB_MAINTAIN_PERS_M, and here you are assigning it to Userid. With this same userid, you need to login to My Spend application.

Create Cost center group :KSH3

Insert cost center from the posting in FB03Now maintain the same in transaction FPB as shown in first snapshot. Let me know if still error is there. iF yes, this is functional issue, if right controlling area, Cost center group and Cost element group is given, then only it will work. Cost element group also you need to create.

Regards,

Tejas

nicolasszdz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I triple checked the data and all functional data seem correct to me. Via the abap debugger, i found out that the sap message issued was message SRA012_SPEND 001 which indicates that there is no controlling area assigned in user personalization. Here is the personalization I use, can you tell me what's wrong? :

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope GME is the username which you use for login to Myspend and same id is used in Gateway and backend both.

Also in the first screenshot , select first radio button : "Update Input data only"

You have selected second one.

Regards,

tejas

nicolasszdz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello and thank you for your feedback. Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy on other subjects thoses days...

This has been solved. The problem was the RFC configuration (fix user in the RFC instead of "current user' tick). So once the request was sent to the backend, the user was not any more GME but the user used in the RFC.

Thanks for your help.

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

good :smile:

Usha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Tejas,

Thanks for the clear documentation.

Actually we are configuring the "MY Spend app and looking for the steps to confirgure the ECC system for the data.

i would like to confirm if the above steps are for the Configuration of "MY SPEND" on the ECC system?

Could you please help us?

Thanks,

Usha

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Usha,

The last screenshot which you see, is the configuration required in the standard FICO transactions. Like allocation of budget, Postings etc.

Also the personalization dialog configurations has to be done in ECC

Regards,

Tejas

Usha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Tejas,

Could you please provide  any Transaction code [for the ECC system] like E.G: Travel request  creation we have PRO5 transaction code where we can file the expense requests?

here for "MY SPEND" we are are having a user with data created in the ECC system ,now to check if the  that a particular user /manager user has the data  we have to know the transaction code.

could you please direct me to the post that has the step by step documentation for back end configuration for "My Spend" app?

Thanks,

Usha

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Usha,

This configuration is pure SAP FI and CO related . So your FICO consultant should able to do this configuration. Regarding postings, posting might differ from customer to customer, sometimes there will be custom report for posting.

In general, FI documents are posted through FB60.

You can look at market place and check for My Spend configuration. If you don'd find let me know I will try to create one.

Regards,

Tejas

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Priceless Document for anyone who wants to implement My Spend Application
!

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank You Raoul :smile:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas

I have not been able to find documentation clarifying whether the My Spend app is delivered standard with filter options on budget version (AB, RE etc.).

Any input?

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

Sorry no idea

former_member194958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Do you know the issue, when there is not all list of costs is displayed. Actually on the backend we have 18 positions, but in the app we have only 4.

Best regards,

Olga

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Olga,

By costs do you mean " Cost center". If yes then if there are 18 cost centers in the backend, and 4 are displayed for you. That means that there are 4 cost centers inside the one you have configured in personalization dialog. And other 14 might be in some other cost center groups

CostGroup X :

--- Cost 1

--- Cost 2

--- Cost 3

--- Cost 4

My Spend application will show only "Cost center groups"  . In that case you will have to configure other cc groups as well. Share the snapshot of the my spend application please.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Great document.

Quick question on currency. It seems that MySpend reflects the amounts in Controlling Area currency only? If I have cost centers with an object currency different to controlling area currency then the amounts are displayed as '0.00'. I can see the transaction currency only when I drill down to the CO document line item, but that is still displayed with the wrong currency key.

Is this a bug or limitation?

Thanks

Kris

TimMuchena
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created a custom group and added My Spend. The problem is if i exclude the role for the standard group Cost Manager the my Spend app disappears from the custom group as well

Thanks

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Mr_eli You need to create separate role then in pfcg and add manually ,Tile catalog id and Tile group.

Regards,

Tejas

TimMuchena
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas

Thank you. It worked.

Now we have a scenario were the number of items being displayed is too large for the user's liking. Is there a way to suppress zero line items on the my spend app

Regards

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you post the snapshot for the same.

Regards

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tejas,

In My spend report, we are not able to see more than 100 line items. say cost element group /Cost center group more than 100. Is it limitation in fiori output

Thanks

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

I have not checked this.

May be you can check the same in your gateway client using the OPU odata URL for collection service and see what is the count. Does it display more than 100 ?

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olga,

Did Tejas' answer solve your problem or was it another problem? Because I've the same one.

By example :

1A

1A1

1A2
1B

1B1
1C

1C1

1D

1D1

1D2

1E

When I take 1, I've only 1A, 1B and 1C

And if I take 1D, I've only 1D1.

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tejas,

If you've any idea to solve my problem :

Application SAP Fiori My Spend does not display all cost center groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Thank you for the step by step in procedure.  Following your document, we have managed to implement Fiori My Spend.  I do have a question regarding the amount filed in My Spend.  It seems the amount posted in My Spend is 1/100 of the amount posted in SAP ECC (tcode KSBB).  We are using IDR as currency, which has no decimal point.  I realized that SAP's default for currency field is with decimal point, thus when we enter the amount of 550,000 IDR, SAP record the amount as 5,500.00.  When we display the amount in the transaction, SAP automatically multiply the amount by 100 because the currency is IDR (which has no decimal point). 

In Fiori My Spend however, the amount is not multiplied by 100 although it recognize the currency as IDR.  I have attached the screen captures below.

If you or anyone else has experienced this issue, your help is very much appreciated.

Thank you

SAP FIORI My Spend :

SAP ERP (tcode KSBB):

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume you have a central hub architecture.

Please maintain decimal notation in SU01 ->Choose defaults tab and manage in your gateway system.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Thank you for your prompt response.

I have changed my user default in SU01, and the problem still exist. the amount suppose to be 347.552.575 IDR.

Do I miss something ? Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you.

KSBB (the correct amount):

Fiori My Spend with , (comma) in SU01

Fiori My Spend with . (period) in SU01:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question on this app. A parter are trying to configure it. in particular to configure the business part of the app giving visibility to the followint Cost center group and cost element group

But when they analyze the costs ements the are not able to see all of that, just few.

We see that there is a note 1940348 - Release Information Note for the FIN FIORI application - My spend  that says : "A limit of 100 costs centers, internal orders, and 100 cost elements are supported in the table view; if more are used, only the first 100 will be displayed.

They use more or less 400 cost element.
Can you confirm me that there are no way to overcome this problem?

Thanks a lot

Elena

robin_denning
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

This post and the comments are very helpful - thank you!

We have completed all these steps and continue to get error message "no departments are assigned to you".

I wonder there is a problem due to our configuration of CO; because we have implemented Funds Management, (We are Public Sector) we do not record or allocate budget in CO.

Any thoughts?

thanks in advance

Robin Denning

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robin

Make sure, your internal order group and cost center group, cost element group are properly configured in FPB_MAINTAIN_PERS_S

Also if you perform a google search with the error you are facing, you can get many links which has similiar error faced.

Regards,

Tejas

robin_denning
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Tejas, I've done those things.

I'll keep looking.

We are Public Sector client with Funds Management activated - if you think that has any implication, let me know.

Thank you.

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Budget allocation is a mandatory here, not sure on Funds management.

Budget allocation of cost center : KP06

Budget overview : KPZ2

Regards,

Tejas

robin_denning
Explorer
0 Kudos

I came back to provide an update: We activated the hcm_common component, and now the My Spend app is working. We are Public Sector, with Funds Management activated, hence we do not track budget in CO. The app does display expenses.

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nice to hear 🙂

0 Kudos

Hello Tejas,

In the personalization->fiscal year, if I am choosing 2014, on the launchpad I am getting Fiscal year as 2015. How can I make the entries same. Like I choose fiscal year as 2014 and on launchpad also it should appear as 2014, not 2015.

Thanks,

Jyoti prakash Das.

zsc
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

I would like to know if this app also works on Smartphone like other fiori apps. We are on the latest pack and I see some issues in display for initial screen on different resolutions even on desktop. So, concerned.

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shetulkumar,

As per help.sap, its supported only on desktops and tablets. The layout is wide and i don't think it would be supported in mobile(smaller screens)

My Spend - SAP Fiori for the SAP Simple Finance Add-On 1.0 - SAP Library

Regards,

Tejas

P932733
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello! Just curious where this number 100 is defined.

steve_pritchard
Explorer
0 Kudos

Is it possible to use Fiscal Periods instead of Months?

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Yes if you see my screenshots. You can see that fiscal year is also one of the criteria for filter.

Regards,
Tejas

steve_pritchard
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Thanks for replying.  It is fiscal Period i.e. 01-13 that we wanted to select the report by.  Monthly spend is no use to us.  Some of the FI apps seem to be selectable by fiscal period so why not the My Spend app?

Regards,

Steve.

steve_pritchard
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are looking to implement the My Spend Fiori app, currently we can only see that it uses mainly calendar year time analysis, we are looking however to utilise our own fiscal year variant which has been created to mirror our financial year which is effectively October to September but has 13 fiscal periods not 12 months, is there a way in which the app can be configured to do this?

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

In that case you might have to customize the logic as standard doesnt offer this.

Regards,

Tejas

steve_pritchard
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Unfortunately, the app can only be changed using extensibility by adding more columns to the report.

Regards,

Steve.

Labels in this area