Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zenithltd1
Participant
This is an introduction to Plant Maintenance tiles in S/4 version 1909.

• Maintenance request

• Work Order

• Technical Object

• Asset Viewer

Many PM/EAM apps came from Web Dynpro ABAP (WDA app) that was used in WEBUI or PLMUI applications. FIORI calls these apps.

Roles

There are two major PM roles.

• SAP_BR_MAINTENANCE_PLANNER

• SAP_BR_MAINTENANCE_TECHNICIAN

Add these roles to your id in GUI to see the FIORI tiles.

Navigate to Maintenance request menu.

Monitor Maintenance requests

This is a list of notifications like IW29. You can add more filters to restrict notifications further.

Use + to create a new maintenance request.

This functionality is same as request maintenance tile. ECC equivalent is IW21.

Requiest maintenance is very simplified compared to IW21.

You can add a link and an attachment in FIORI which are nice features.

Notification display

From the list you can display a single notification.

Share Icon

This is a powerful tool.

With share, you can send an email.

Or save notification as a new tile.

This creates a new tile. Congratulations if this your first. I can imagine someone creating hundreds of tiles with this tool!

Create Maintenance Order

This brings up familiar IW31 transaction.

In the URL in the end, you will find sap-language=EN#MaintenanceOrder-create?sap-ui-tech-hint=WDA

Semantic Object – Maintenance Order

Create – Action

Intent = Semantic Object + Create

You can use t-codes like /UI2/FLIA to analyze issues with the tiles, find the right catalog, role.

Under person, click on  i About, you will find FIORI app number.

This is not a FIORI app since there is no FIORI App id. It is Web Dynpro ABAP (WDA) app.

Monitor Maintenance we looked at earlier is a real FIORI app. The App ID is F1511.

Fiori Apps Library

With App ID it is easy to search details of tile.

Go to FIORI library and search for F1511.

https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/index.html#/detail/Apps('F1511')/S...

You will find more information about the app, UI5 application, OData service and business role..

UI5 application should be activated using SICF.

OData service should be activated via /UI2/MAINT_SERVICE.

Find Maintenance Orders

Enter parameters to filter work orders and hit GO.

Maintenance orders are found. Click on one.

Again the way to read is from top to bottom unlike navigating in the horizontally with tabs in ECC.

There are many related apps where you can branch to..

App Navigation

Scroll to Technical Object.

You will see a menu as below.

Technical Object 

There are no separate equipment and Functional Location (FLOC) apps. They are merged into technical object.

Enter the filter(s) and hit GO.

When you click on technical object, list is very cleverly organized to include notifications, work orders and maintenance items. Also in <Related Apps> you can branch further to many other related apps.

There are many related apps you can navigate to.

Change technical object

This takes you to familiar IE02.

Technical Object Links

Using more links in the list there are further navigation possibilities.

Asset Viewer

You can jump to this tile from technical object. This shows you the whole structure with all the information on the tech object. Another well laid out FIORI app. This a truly innovative app that simplifies the need to look up orders, notifications, maintenance items, etc.

Functional Location

This is laid out very similar to equipment technical object.

Notification Processing

After notification is entered, breakdown flag is available. To record damages, multiple codes, can be input.

Process Notification

Breakdown Flag

Order and Notification App

Here notification and orders are shown. The Personal object worklist (POWL) in this app originated in WebUI.

Notice SM01 order. Service Orders are listed in the same app just like ECC. However there are no separate apps for service and maintenance notifications.

Order and Notification

Master Data

This is another innovative FIORI app which displays master data.

Master Data

Maintenance Order Links

Another innovation in FIORI is ability to link to different related objects. This saves time in navigating to a different object. Data is copied from one app to another.

Maintenance Order Links

Maintenance Items

Find and Manage apps are available for many PM apps. They are true FIORI apps.

Breakdown Analysis - Analytics Apps

Additional apps are available for Breakdown Analysis.

Breakdown Analytics - Analytics

Damage code analysis

This is another Analytics App

Damage Code Analysis

Maintenance Planning Overview

Maintenance Planning Overview

7 Comments
vyasnihit
Explorer
FIORI applications for EAM are very limited. In many cases, SAP GUI for HTML transactions are presented as FIORI applications. In my opinion, Maintenance Request application lacks something as basic as 'Breakdown Indicator' checkbox.
zenithltd1
Participant
User does not enter this flag. This is available for planner or supervisor. I have added this and many other screenshots.

All these are screenshots from FIORI apps version 1909. They call WebDynPro (WDA) in background which looks like ECC apps. But there are many original EAM apps - typically Find and Manage applications. Plus Asset Viewer is an innovative app. Master data is a good app. Analytics are decent.
nikhil_wankhede
Explorer
0 Kudos
Sir,

In my fiori i unable to find out Asset viewer tiles.

How to get that one.
nikhil_wankhede
Explorer
0 Kudos
I found it but new problem arises, as when the page is 100% unable to see scrollbar but when i see @50 i can see scrollbar to scroll webide,asset-viewer page.
zenithltd1
Participant
0 Kudos
Please create a message with SAP.
zenithltd1
Participant
0 Kudos
There is a new FIORI app report and repair malfunction F2023.  It is one of those well designed SAP t-codes like MIGO, IW81, ADSUBCON, VL06O, CCM2, IE04, WTY, ARM.

There are many features in this app that are not in SAP ECC. You need many ECC t-codes to do what this one app does.

• Notification and Work Order integration

• Assignment of personnel made easier

• Put work order on hold due to material availability or tool availability etc.

• Start and Stop an order like CO19 which was never available in PM orders.

• Record confirmation.

Check out demo --> https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/#/detail/Apps('F2023')/S20OP
Hichem_Rahmani
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello sir,

Is it true that affecting the two roles of the technician and the planner at the same time might cause some authorization problems ?
Labels in this area