cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Exit when user presses SAVE in interactive demand plng /SAPAPO/SDP94

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement wherein I need to run heuristics (submit to program /SAPAPOP/RSNPDRP1) for the product/location currently being displayed in SDP94 after user changes value in a particular keyfigure and then presses SAVE.

1) Please let me know of any such user exit/BADI.

2) I have tried the option of a user exit/BADI macro creation but I am not sure whether it gets triggered only when the user presses SAVE.

3) Enhancement APODM005 is meant to trigger for user exit macro. Can you please let me know whether it gets triggered only when a user exit macro is present for the macro book in consideration(planning book data view combination) or does it get triggered even if there is no user exit macro maintained.

Thanks in advance,

Shashank.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

There is one standard BAdi available for this purpose. /SAPAPO/SDP_SAVE- Data Save Operation Check

In the method SAVE_CHECK you can write your custom logic.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

The badi is helpful for my knowledge but will not solve my requirement. The Badi gets triggered when the use changes some value in a key figure and presses ENTER. It does not get triggered when the user presses SAVE which is what I want. Please suggest any other Badi or user exit.

Thanks and Regards,

Shashank..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Didi some R&D and saw that the Badi /SAPAPO/SDP_INTERACT serves the purpose. In it we can use the method USER_FCODES_CALCULATIONS. This gets triggered not only for SAVE but for a host of other user commands too. I will have to try writing my logic in this and test for criticalities. If the tests are successful I would close this thread. In the mean time request you and others to suggest something more suitable.

Thanks and Regards,

Shashank..

Edited by: Shashank_sap on Apr 7, 2011 8:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

As per my knowledge this BAdi does get triggered when user presses SAVE button and per your question, you want such kind of BAdi/User Exit for Save Button. SDP_INTERACT is useful for many purpose...the method which you mentioned is for executing custom logic when user will select the custom added Function Codes using Menu Path in /sapapo/sdp94.If sdp_interact will solve your requirement then that will be good for you.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks a lot for your input. This forces me to think should I add a custom Fcode/Button in sdp94 which runs my logic only when the user presses that button. Can you please suggest a Badi/user exit which can add this button?

Thanks and Regards,

Shashank..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In BAdi /sapapo/sdp_interact, in the documentation it is mentioned clearly that,

You use the USER_FCODES_CALCULATIONS method to set your own functions that cannot be covered by macros or user-exit macros. Prior to this, you must first release an Fcode in FCODES (by entering a description). This released Fcode (+CUS01, for example) then appears automatically in the menu and, when selected, executes the method.

If nothing will work then you can use the BAdi /SAPAPO/USR_DEF_CALC for user defined calculation in the interactive planning book.

I hope now everything is clear to you.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for your inputs. In the mean time I will test and get back to this thread.

Thanks and Regards,

Shashank..

Edited by: Shashank_sap on Apr 7, 2011 3:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

This user exit did not work for us. It had to have the data saved in the lve cache by the time the control reaches this Badi. We have anyway found an implicit enhancement after the simsession closes.

Thanks very much for your inputs.

Thanks and Regards,

Shashank..

Answers (0)