cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule Based Determination of Destination” IN POSC inbound and outbound process in SAP EWM

chitti78
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am working on POSC procedure with a normal process..Anyone, please tell me what is the configuration required for Rule-based POSC setup configuration in detail...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

rule based works differently for each process step. So there is no real simple explanation.

- For unloading / staging the door / staging area determination is relevant.

- For packing there is an extra table in the easy access menu for the "work center determination".

- For VAS I don't think there is anything (resp. rule-based means you manually enter it in the VAS order and this is what is being used).

- For quality inspection the rule based flag controls that you only go to the work center if there is an active inspection document, but you still need to enter the destination (as there is no determination table).

- For deconsolidation there is a customizing table to define the destination, but rule-based also means that the system considers the final activity areas deconsolidation group or the max number of WTs in a HU.

Brgds

Juergen

---
Want to learn EWM?
Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/trainingpath/Applications-Logistics+Execution+%26+Warehouse+Management-SAP+...
Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

And it is EWM. NOT eWM - Duh!
And if your question includes the word "transfer order" - do NOT tag the question with Extended Warehouse Management!

yaping_wang2
Active Participant

If you are using the rule-based inbound, you need to have your inbound storage type / section (if you use) search strategy fully defined (system can find a destination bin).

Outbound process is same - you need to have your destination bin search rule fully defined. E.g. only use it at the last step of staging.