cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load IBP Master data type via HCI DS

0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Need some guidance on loading IBP Master data types via HCI DS. Our company have recently signed up for SAP IBP Cloud S&OP Product. I have created a planning area by copying standard SAP1 planning area and activated it. Everything is good on IBP side. Now, went to HCI DS to try a simple scenario of loading customer data from Flat file(as source) to IBP master data type. I was able to establish connections successfully to systems. When I try to create a new task under a project and try to pick Target as IBP instance, I can see the Planning area and master data types that are created. However, when I choose any data type as target, it is giving me error message saying, it can be only used as Source.

If I go and look in Data stores section, I see the table, but it says as usable as Source only. Can you help me understand what I am doing wrong? See the snapshot below:

Thanks in advance..

View Entire Topic
Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Adithya,

You can only use STAG (staging) tables as target for your data flows. HCI sends data to the staging tables only. After IBP successful post-processing data will reach the core tables.

Please include same tables but with STAG suffix.

Rgds

Alecsandra

0 Kudos

Hi Alecsandra ,

Just to understand .. Any reason why we use stag table before core table to write? What will happen inbetween stag to core table?

Thanks,

Dinesh