Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity Document in Freight Units Worklist

former_member779039
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to understand the functionality of the Capacity Document in Freight Units(FU's) Worklist.

Our understanding as below.

Request you to please help us for better understanding.

1) Capacity Document -> Create One for Multiple Requirement Documents.

It can be used for Consolidating/Grouping multiple FU's into Single Freight Order i.e "N" FU's = 1FO

2) Capacity Document -> Create One for Consecutive Stages.

Not getting where we will use this functionality.

We tried to use this for the FU's with single stage, it is like similar to point 3), i,e 1FU = 1FO

We tried to use this for the FU's with multiple stages, system is creating 1Freight Booking for all the stages of FU, irrespective of different mode of transport.

3) Capacity Document -> Create One for Stage.

It can be used for multiple FU's to multiple Freight Order i.e 1FU = 1FO

capacity-document-fu-worklist4-34.png

View Entire Topic
GRABLERE
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Azeez,

I assume the question which you have is only around option 2.

This feature was originally developed for transportation service providers.

Assume you as an LSP recieve a transporation request to go from A to B via 2 ports specified by your customer.

This will result in your ordered route being A -> Port1 -> Port2 -> B, and this will be reflected in the freight unit stages. However you might want to further subcontract the complete move to another logicists provided e.g. your ocean carrier. In this case you just assign all 3 freight unit stages to the same booking as you subcontract the whole move via a booking to the ocean carrier.

Regards,

Emanuel

former_member779039
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Emanuel,

Thank you for the reply.

A -> Port1 -> Port2 -> B

All 3 freight unit stages to the same booking as you subcontract the whole move via a booking to the ocean carrier.

But here mode of transports may be different right then how can we make 1 booking to the ocean carrier?

Thank you.

GRABLERE
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you have your booking maintained as consolidaiton at porf of loading and consolidation at port of discharge then the first stage of the FU will be assigned to precarriage and the last stage will be assigned to on-carriage of the booking which can have mode road or rail.

Emanuel