Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch characteristic value disappear after the change - /SCWM/WM_BATCH_MAINT

flmarcilio
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear EWM Community,

When I change/SAVE the batch characteristic values in EWM via /SCWM/WM_BATCH_MAINT at client level (Material/batch), those characteristics values disapear. Means that, when I dysplay the material/batch once again those values are "empty ". On the other hand, those values is distributed & correclty updated in ECC (MSC3N).

Additional info :

- I am in a project with ECC and decentralized EWM - version 9.5.

- My batch configuration was activated at client level.

- I followed all standard configuration using ECC class type 023 x EWM class type 230.

ref. SAP notes : 1305698 - Overview: Communication / integration of batches ERP <> EWM

- The batch class and characteristics were transferred to EWM successfully.

- In my process scenario, the batch / characteristic values will be created in EWM via /SCWM/WM_BATCH_MAINT instead of in Inbound delivery (/SCWM/PRDI or in ECC).

Any help, I would really appretiate !

Saludos,

/Flavio Marcilio

girish_amc
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Flavio,

Have you tried CIF’ing the batch master from ERP to EWM system? If not, then Please try to CIF the batch master from ERP system and after CIF’ing check your batch classification values in EWM system. I guess that will solve the issue.

Please check and let us know.

Thanks,

Giri

Guneet20
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello, Did you manage to find the issue and resolve it? Can you please update the post if possible, Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

For Kitting work center the final steps are for posting the kit is to add batch numbers. The numbers appear but are greyed out. The batch numbers were generated using /scwm/wm_batch_maint. Any way to make the numbers accessable?

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have created a new Spec Type in SAP PLM and added new VAT and Characteristics for the same. Problem is, when user is adding values under the characteristics and saving, the values are getting disappeared in NWBC. Please help here.

former_member659752
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I found how to fix this issue.

Go to EWM-IMG -> SCM Extended Warehouse Management -> Extended Warehouse Management -> Cross-Process Settings -> Batch Management -> Set Update Control (Centralized, Decentralized)

Then, change Bat. update indicator from " " to "3".

Best regards,

/Flavio Marcilio

flmarcilio
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Giri,

I CIF´ed only class & characteristics, because the batch will be created in EWM. I would like to avoid to CIF batches from ECC to EWM when a new batch is created in EWM, I think it would not make sense, right ?

On the other hand, if I check the batch & values in the ECC side, it was transferred correctly.

I changed via CL24N and it worked fine, means that the values did not disapear, however on this way the value is not transferred to ECC.

Best regards,

/Flavio Marcilio