SAP TechEd Blog Posts
Share your experiences about SAP TechEd: Write about your favorite sessions and other conference highlights.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager
If you’re headed to SAP TechEd in Las Vegas next week, you’re probably already looking forward to the learning opportunities you’ll have there, be it through attending lectures and hands-on sessions, visiting booths on the show floor, or attending the Community Talks.

But even at a conference as chock-full of content as SAP TechEd, there may be something you’d like to discuss or share learnings about that isn’t already covered. The “unconference” meetups happening on the show floor will give you a way to connect with SAP customers, partners, and employees at the conference -- to discuss these topics.

“Unconference style”? What’s that?

If you’re not familiar with the unconference format, it’s pretty simple: it gives you, the attendee, a chance to suggest a topic that you’d like to discuss with other attendees, suggest a time that you’re available to discuss the topic, and then meet up with any other attendees who’d like to discuss that topic too. Anyone who wants to initiate a discussion on a topic can claim a time and a space, and over the course of the event, a schedule of meetup topics takes shape.

Where will these meetups take place, and how can attendees see what’s available?

We will have 4 tables available in the SAP Community Lounge area of the show floor to host these 30-minute, unconference-style meetups. Each table will accommodate about 6 attendees. The map below shows the location of these meetup tables, right next to the Conference Guidance booth. (Meetup Lounges 1 through 3 are reserved for speaker meetups; the unconference meetup lounges are 4, 5, 6, and 7.)

There will be several Community team members (myself and moshe.naveh2 among others) available to field your suggestions for topics and time slots (more on that below), and once a topic is scheduled, we will add it to the SAP TechEd agenda builder (SAP TechEd login required) so that other conference attendees can see it and add it to their agenda. We’ll also tweet about it and promote it other ways at the conference.

You’ll find the agenda builder (My Agenda) on the SAP TechEd 2019 Las Vegas website, under Learn. It will also be available in the SAP TechEd mobile app.

Note that you don’t have to sign up to attend any of these meetups; you only have to sign up if you want to schedule a discussion topic.

What kind of topics can attendees schedule?

Topics can range from technical discussions such as “Architecting with SAP Cloud Platform and AWS: seamlessly combine best of breed SAP services with Hyperscaler capability” to soft-skill-oriented subjects such as "Open forum to discuss SAP Community with the head of the community" to eclectic topics such as “the last SAP-related book I read and what I learned from it.” If you have an experience to share or want to hear how other attendees may have addressed a challenge, suggest a meetup topic and time for it, and there are probably others at the conference who are also interested and will join you for the discussion.

I like this idea. How can I suggest a topic for a meetup?

To begin with, in the days leading up to the conference, we will accept topic and time-slot suggestions here, in the comments on this blog post. Alternatively, you can ask me in the comments to follow you, and then you can send me your suggestion via direct message.

Once a topic is accepted for the schedule, I’ll add it to the schedule table here in my blog post, so others can see which meetups are already planned and know which tables and time slots are still open for scheduling.

Once I’m able to begin adding the meetups to the conference agenda builder, I will start transferring any scheduled meetups from the table into the agenda builder.

(If you don't see a topic scheduled and you don't want to lead a discussion, you can also stop by the Conference Guidance booth in the Community Lounge and speak with one of our SAP Technology Ambassadors to see where you might find opportunities to learn more about that topic elsewhere at the conference.)

Suggesting topics during the conference

I’ll continue to monitor the comments on this blog post during the conference for topic and time suggestions to add to the schedule.

In addition, there will be opportunities to suggest meetup topics on site, in person. Every morning, shortly after the show floor opens, we’ll be available at the meetup area by the Conference Guidance booth at the Community Lounge for half an hour to accept meetup topics and add them to the schedule. Come by during that time, and we’ll get your topic added!

Times for meetup topic signup in person at the conference:
Tuesday 11:00-11:30 am
Wednesday 9:00-9:30 am
Thursday 9:00-9:30 am

Join in! Meet up!

This is your chance to raise that burning topic you’re eager to hear others’ perspectives on, so don’t miss this opportunity. Get your meetup on the schedule now! Post your topic and time proposal in the comments, and follow this blog post to be notified when new meetup topics are added.

Day Time slot Meetup Lounge 4 Meetup Lounge 5
Thu 9:30 - 10:00 am Challenges of the new Output Determination – BRF+
c436ae948d684935a91fce8b976e5aa7
Thu 10:00 - 10:30 am Open forum to discuss SAP Community with the head of the community
craig.cmehil
Thu 10:30 - 11:00 am (reserved) SAP Graph: Unplugged
Christian Lindmayer, krasimir.semerdzhiev
Thu 11:00 - 11:30 am Azure Monitoring for SAP Solutions
Sam Khare
ABAP "Ask Me Anything"
jelena.perfiljeva2
Thu --- All half hour slots between the row above and the row below this row are still available
Thu 12:00 - 12:30 pm How are you scaling your SAP CPI
daniel.graversen
Thu ... All half hour slots between the row above and the row below this row are still available
Thu 2:00 - 2:30 pm SAP HANA for Non-Techies
frosenhain
Natural language processing using open source tools Rasa and Rasa UI
paul.aschmann
Thu 2:30 - 3:00 pm Hyperledger Fabric
Former Member
AI Inferencing at the Edge
Steve Hardy
Thu 3:00 - 3:30 pm Overview of demand driven MRP in S/4HANA
caetano.almeida
Thu --- All half hour slots between the row above and the row below this row are still available
Thu 04:00 - 04:30 pm Healthcare Analytics
drubinof

29 Comments
DG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Audrey,

That sound like a really cool idea. Is there a template for such a presentation

I would like to propose a session:

Title: How to run Groovy scripts faster for SAP CPI integration

Description: How is it possible to run Groovy scripts easier when making SAP CPI integrations. In the session, we will look at how you can use open-source tools to deploy scripts directly from your IDE.

Tools: SAP CPI

Area: Integration
0 Kudos
Hi Audrey,

I would be interested in hosting a SAP Archiving Open Forum on Wednesday at 5:00 PM.

Looking forward to seeing you next week :-).

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson
sufw
Active Participant
Hi Audrey,

seeing Murali’s topic about AWS, I’d be happy to propose a session about architecting SAP on Azure right after it on Tuesday 😉

Sascha
audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos
Hi Daniel,

These meetups are meant to be small discussions with about 5 or 6 people, so a presentation is not really necessary,although you can always bring your laptop and show something to those gathered around the table if you like.

Let me know which day and time slot you are available to do the meetup, and I will add it to the schedule.
audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Karin,

That sounds great. Could you provide a meetup title and one or two sentence description? Then I'll add it to the schedule.
audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos
Hi Sascha,

That sounds great. Could you provide me with a title for the meetup and a one- or two-sentence description? Then I can add your meetup in the schedule.
How about this:

SAP Archiving Open Forum, come to this session to hear SAP archiving best practices and ask archiving questions.

Best Regards,

Karin
DG
Active Contributor
Ok.

Tuesday 12.30
mmcisme1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I'd like to see a meet-up on "Challenges of the new Output Determination - BRF+".  Informal and no presentation from me.  I'm currently using on-premise.  Not sure if that should be in the tittle.  I don't think it matters.  Thursday 9:30 - 10 AM?

"Challenges of OPD.  Some of the pre-loaded solutions are just not working.  We have gotten around a few of them by adding making sales office the same as plant and putting in an enhancement point in the sales order screen.  What have you done differently to work around what is provided?  Changes to BRFplus?"
sufw
Active Participant
0 Kudos
How about “Architecting SAP on Azure for fun and profit” - it can be tough to find the right balance between cloud agility and control, while navigating the constraints of the platform, SAP-certified configurations, and practical aspects. How are you doing it? Interested in moving to the cloud? Come along to hear about real-world experiences, challenges, and share your solutions.
DouglasCezar
Contributor
0 Kudos
Hello Audrey, thanks a lot for putting this great initiative together.

Do you already have a page similar to this one for the unconference sessions to be held at SAP TechEd Barcelona?

Thanks and best regards.

Douglas
0 Kudos
Hi Audrey,

Would you please change the time of my session on Wednesday to 4:00 to 4:30.  I have a conflict at 5.

Sorry and thanks for your help!

Best Regards,

Karin
audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos
Hi karin.tillotson4,

Done
audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos
It's in now.
audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager
Added.
mmcisme1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thank you!
audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos
Hi Douglas,

We will have unconference meetups at SAP TechEd Barcelona as well, yes. The signups for those will get going right after Las Vegas ends. Thank you for your patience!
DouglasCezar
Contributor
0 Kudos
Thanks Audrey, hope to meet with you at SAP TechEd in Barcelona!
maheshpalavalli
Active Contributor

Hi oddss that’s pretty cool idea for community people to interact, learn and make new  connections.. Hope Bangalore will not be left out ?

pjcools
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi oddss I'd like the 5 to 5.30pm slot on Wednesday if possible please to have some discussions around how people specify the building of applications on SAP Cloud Platform. Coming from a SAP Functional background I normally produce a big functional specification document but have tried to produce cut down morphed versions so as not to spend weeks completing it.

Title may be something like "SAP Cloud Apps - Experiences with Specifications"??? Just really a discussion on what others experience with trying to document solutions.

thanks!
audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos
Hi Phil,

I've scheduled you in.
DG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Audrey.

Can I get a session around noon Thursday?

Title: How are you scaling your SAP CPI

Description: SAP CPI gives some freedoms to make it easier to develop the integration. It also creates some challenges about how you can scale it to run all your integrations. In this session come and share how you run SAP CPI and learn what others are doing.
audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos
Yes, sure. I've added it to the table here, and I'll now add it to the session catalog.
DG
Active Contributor

Hi

I can see it has session id 99635, the other had MU as prefix.

Now it seems like I can find it on my app also

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Audrey, thank you for an opportunity and for accommodating my last minute request! This was a great way to share knowledge and meet the fellow attendees. I hope there is something like that at other TechEds as well.
audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos
I was happy that you decided to schedule a meetup in Vegas. Your topic was definitely popular. Thank you!

We will have the unconference meetups in Barcelona as well (jerry.janda will run it there). Not sure about Bangalore yet.
midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Audrey, when can we start nominations for Barcelona?
audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi douglas.cezar10, looks like the Barcelona meetup blog post is live now: https://blogs.sap.com/2019/09/30/meetup-unconferences-coming-to-sap-teched-barcelona/
audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos
You can start now. Jerry has published a blog post for Barcelona unconference meetups: https://blogs.sap.com/2019/09/30/meetup-unconferences-coming-to-sap-teched-barcelona/