SAP Learning Blog Posts
Get updates on SAP learning journeys and share your own experiences by contributing a blog post to the SAP Learning group.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JuliaWeber
Advisor
Advisor
As we are maneuvering in the “Great Resignation” era, the war for talent is as high as ever. More and more employees are exiting their current jobs, while also more students are dropping out of universities due to high costs or in pursuit of other opportunities.

This trend is leaving companies in need for employees due to turnover, but also with fewer qualified graduates. This challenge, however, can be a great opportunity to stand out in the market with the latest skills.

When students build skills in SAP software, it opens the door to job opportunities for SAP customers worldwide and over 23,000 SAP partner companies globally offering career paths to deploy SAP software.

So, the question should not be why you should start building SAP software skills as a student, but how can you start building them?

SAP recently announced a brand-new free learning offering for all students worldwide: a dedicated student zone on the SAP Learning site. This new upskilling content is tailored to the top needs of today’s students as they prepare for professional opportunities.

This new student zone provides access to:

• Free SAP Learning Journey guides to build skills in key SAP innovation areas

• SAP Learning Group to engage with SAP experts, connect with other learners

• Learning resources to prepare for SAP Certification

How can building SAP software skills benefit students?

When students have the latest SAP skills, it opens the door to job opportunities all over the world.

As Dr. Murat Adivar, Professor of Business Analytics and SAP Faculty Coordinator at Fayetteville State University confirms: “Our historical data shows that students completing the SAP-Next Gen program at Fayetteville State University will most likely be employed within the first few months of graduation. Many students are getting job offers from dream companies even before graduation. Data also shows that SAP certified graduates have at least 50% more starting salary than the others.”

Brandye Cropper who graduated from Broadwell College of Business and Economics, similarly confirms: "SAP courses significantly helped me start my professional career at one of the biggest consulting companies in the world right after graduation.”

Why pursue an SAP Certification?

Students also confirmed that SAP Certification helped them differentiate themselves, but they also helped their professional development by increasing self-confidence in new skills and quality work output.

Benitha Rolle, who earned her SAP Certification while studying at Fayetteville State University says, “Working as a finance professional for 10+ years and working with SAP software, I felt that there was still something missing. When the opportunity for this certification came about, I was extremely interested. The one thing I will tell you is that all the experience I had prior does not measure the amount of knowledge I gained during the certification program."

ZaMetria Wall, another Fayetteville State University alumni who earned her SAP Certification in May 2020 stated “The SAP Next-Gen program has truly been a game-changer for me. I have much more confidence in myself, knowing I have knowledge and certification on a tool used to operate global Fortune 100 companies. It makes me needed and valued.”

Don’t hesitate, visit the student zone on the SAP Learning site today and start your learning journey. Visit the SAP Learning Student Zone YouTube playlist for students to learn more about why you should build skills in the latest SAP solutions.
3 Comments