SAP for Travel and Transportation Discussions
Fuel conversations about route optimization, customer convenience, and operational efficiency in travel and transportation using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make fields mandatory in Fleet Object (IE31)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have successfully created a fleet object in Tcode ie31. However, I want to make some fields in VehicleID/Measurments and DSD Vehicle Data tab , mandatory.

Could you please help me with this.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jens
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Eirirni,

I am not an expert with Fleett Objects. But since they are equipments of a particular equipment category, you can use the following IMG activity to configure which fields are mandatiry based on the equipment category you have used: Plant Maintenance and Customer Service -> Master Data in Plant Maintenance and Customer Service -> Technical Objects -> Equipment -> Define Field Selection for the Equipment Master Record.

Best regards,

Jens

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jens
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Eirirni,

I am not an expert with Fleett Objects. But since they are equipments of a particular equipment category, you can use the following IMG activity to configure which fields are mandatiry based on the equipment category you have used: Plant Maintenance and Customer Service -> Master Data in Plant Maintenance and Customer Service -> Technical Objects -> Equipment -> Define Field Selection for the Equipment Master Record.

Best regards,

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jens,

Thank you for the reply! As far as the fields in VehicleID/Measurments the spro path you show me, is correct.

But probably, there is another place in customizing for making fields in DSD Vehicle Data tab mandatory. I still can't find it.

Eirini

0 Kudos

Hi Eirini,

did you have a look at the following IMG activity Plant Maintenance and Customer Service -> Master Data in Plant Maintenance and Customer Service -> Technical Objects -> Settings for Fleet Management -> Set Field Selection for Specific Fields in Fleet Management ?

Best regards,

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

Thanks again for the reply! Yes, I went through this path in spro. Indeed, it contains the majority of fields for a fleet object, but not the field "Variable Capacity" in DSD Vehicle Data tab. What I am thinking, is that because DSD is an add-on, maybe it is not defined a place from which you can set these fields as mandatory and what I need, is maybe an ABAP programmer to do this.

Best regards,

Eirirni