SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Functional Area Reclassification

gabriel_russo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello.

I am working on proyect that involves a mass reclassification of functional areas in all documents affected.

For that purpose I am using tx FMCN + FMCT with a Z program that pulls all documents involved filtered by old FA.

So far I have tested the program with MM and SMR doc with success but when it comes to FI-CO documents, the

procedure changes de FA in the FI document but not in the CO document.

The two solutions I have come up with are:

1) Reclassify CO documents using KB61 wich involves making another Z.

2) Using the same Z I have now to process FI documents, on CO documents alone (some doc are changed others are not)

Please advice.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For changing FA in FI document, please, consult note 1921619 - Reassignment Documents: FKBER not Updated. As you can see, field FKBER is not updated in BSEG, but FKBER_LONG is. This last field is the one which is used in business flows.

For CO documents, I'm puzzled... But, do you have CO integrated in PSM-FM? If not, reassignment tool will have no impact on these documents.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For changing FA in FI document, please, consult note 1921619 - Reassignment Documents: FKBER not Updated. As you can see, field FKBER is not updated in BSEG, but FKBER_LONG is. This last field is the one which is used in business flows.

For CO documents, I'm puzzled... But, do you have CO integrated in PSM-FM? If not, reassignment tool will have no impact on these documents.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Thanks for your help, FKBER_LONG is the field I want to reclassify with a new Functional Area and that is working fine with tx FMCN-FMCT. My problem is that in a chain of documents, FI - CO - Budget Document, the FI doc and the Budget Document take the reassignement to the Functional Area but the CO document doesnt.

I do not have authorization to verify if the PMS-FM integration is active. I have send the inquire to propper deapartment. If the answer is yes, the PMS-FM is active, would there be another possible reasson as to why this CO documents are not affected by the reclassification?. I have exhausted all my options. This is my last hope before I tell the client that there is no inmediate solution.

Thanks again

0 Kudos

In case that CO is not integrated in PMS-FM, is there anyway to reasign a new functional area to these CO documents as I do with all FI documents?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reassignment is a tool of PSM-FM. So, if CO documents are not generating FM documents, then you cannot apply reassignment. I don't think there is a CO tool to make these corrections: you'll have to make CO postings.

0 Kudos

Thanks again. We just verified and CO is integrated in PMS-FM. Any advice?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What does the output of FMCT show for these documents, then? Are they in the worklist? It would be useful if you provide an example: CO documents, its FM counterpart and the output for FMCT. Try using FMCB for this CO document and see if it's included in the worklist for reassignment.

0 Kudos

When I run FMCN with a FI document, the tx takes the doc and shows the propper reassignment. Then I run tx FMCT and it works fine. Then when looking at th documents tha should have been affected, I see that the FI document and the FM document changed perfectly, but the CO document does not change, it keeps showing the old functional area. I have also processed MM and SMR documents with this transactions and they change fine. My ONLY frustrating problem is the CO documents. Please help.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it standalone CO document OR consecutive document of FI?

0 Kudos

That's a good question. When visualizing the FI document through FB03, the CO document is in the list of financial documents (FI / CO / FM) associated with that FI doc which tells me is a consecutive document, but I can't find the CO document in table COEP nor in table COBK.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If FB03 shows it to you, then it should be in COBK. Try introducing it via FMCB. But, if it's a consecutive document, then I doubt, that it'll work.

0 Kudos

Nothing I have tryed through standard transactions seems to work. We are going to do the reassingment directly in the the CO tables through an ABAP development. Thanks for your assistance,