SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitment Item not getting picked while creating the Contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have implemented EA-PS 6.00 for one of our clients recently. But now we are facing an issue at the time of creating

the contract.

When we are creating a contract through the transaction ME31K, the system is populating a screen for entereing the

FM Account Assignments (Commitment Item, Fund Center, Fund). In the contract we are entering the Material Code

which contains a valuation class and the relevant Inventory Account is already assigned with the commitment item in

FMDERIVE.

My question is that still the system is unable to pick this commitment item automatically. Is this the standard system

behavior or is there any way out to populate this commitment item. Any suggestions / answers are welcomed.

Regards,

Dhruv

3 REPLIES 3

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

FM assignment should be derived for the contract. If one of your rules is not acting as expected, put a trace on FMDERIVE to see the reason for this.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Do I need to activate something in customization. All I can see in FMDERIVE is that the system is only picking the material and is not reading its valuation class or Inventory Account related to it.

Regards,

Dhruv

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean that some source fields are empty when you put a trace in FMDERIVE during contract creation? Try checking 914543 note.

Regards,

Eli

P.S. Though, maybe it won't be useful (I checked the coding of the correction mentioned in the note)