SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any provision to exclude a module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a query.

I want to apply a relationship between two subjects, such that if one subject is selected by student then student would not be able to select the other subject. I think its opposite the relationship "is corequisite of". Is there is any relationship which could meet my requirements,or I need to create a new relationship??

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

former_member195888
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you would have to set up a rule (VSR or via the booking rule BADIs) to achieve this. You could then either name the module in the VSR rule or using an own (new) relationsship and evaluate it in the rule. If it is a common requirement probably the second approach is preferable, if it is rather exceptional then you may want to just use a specific rule each time.

Regards

Joachim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can also use "529" relationship which is a pre-requisite for a subject with the conditional booking as an indicator.

Eg : Marketing 1 needs to be pre-requisite and then only the student can take the Marketing 2 subject .

Regards

Gajalakshmi

0 Kudos

Hi Gajalakshmi,

Thanks for ur response,

Actualy I want to apply checks to exculde a module upon selection of other module, such that student is not able to select 'History' if he has booked 'Science'. How to achieve it??

Thanks

0 Kudos

Joachim's suggestion is a good one.

If this is a rare situation, just create a VSR rule attached to the module.

If it is common, create a custom relationship type between the modules and attach a VSR rule to the overall Callup Point for Module Booking (set) and/or Module Booking (single)

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir ,

In this case you try with VSR 's where u just check for simple test case by giving the object id of both the subjects with specific conditions .

The coditioon you specify should be very valid enough otherwise the system will not valid .

To know more about VSR , FI consultants will be knowing it pretty much better as they have VSR for accounting . VSR cookbook will also be more helpful .

Regards

Gajalakshmi

0 Kudos

Thanks Gajalakshmi,

I posted a question regarding call up point also, I have created a rule container and attached it to admission call up point (call up-19). But I am not getting the message at the time of execution. Please see my posted question on call up points.

thanks

0 Kudos

Sudhir,

The Admissions Callup Point is not called during module booking. You need to use one of the Module Booking Callup Points.

Michael

0 Kudos

Thanks Michael,

I was talking about admission call up point only.

I am not getting the message even the check is not meet by the student,

In prerequisite section I did not mention any thing, such that it is true for any case,

it was my first attempt towards rules and VSR. Please see my posted question on acllup points. your guidence would help me.

Thanks..