SAP for Engineering, Construction, and Operations Discussions
Share your knowledge on SAP for Engineering, Construction, and Operations, connect with community members, and join discussions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need an advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Am new to this SAP community. I need an advice for the up-growth of my life. Am a mechanical engineer working in a power industry (construction). Am having 5 years of experience in projects construction. Recently i met with an accident so am unable to do physical work. In this situation I would like to switch over to another field. So I chose primavera and SAP. I would like to do both the course simultaneously.

Whether my choice is correct?

I dont know much about SAP

In SAP, I dont know which module to choose and it should be related to my field.

Please guide me which SlAP module will be suitable for me.

Regards

Nizam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hello Nizam, I think there is tremendous opportunity in the area of SAP & Primavera, especially for someone like you with hands-on construction experience!  Many large companies around the world are standardizing on SAP for their ERP/Financials, complemented by Primavera which is often required by customer contract.  The SAP Enterprise Project Connector brings these together seamlessly.  I would recommend you look into the Project Systems module of SAP, as that is most closely linked to project execution.  In addition, the Commercial Project Management solution provides robust project workspace, issue/change order management, and financial planning.  Many construction customers are or will be implementing this to extend their investment in project systems and other modules.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

0 Kudos

Hello Nizam, I think there is tremendous opportunity in the area of SAP & Primavera, especially for someone like you with hands-on construction experience!  Many large companies around the world are standardizing on SAP for their ERP/Financials, complemented by Primavera which is often required by customer contract.  The SAP Enterprise Project Connector brings these together seamlessly.  I would recommend you look into the Project Systems module of SAP, as that is most closely linked to project execution.  In addition, the Commercial Project Management solution provides robust project workspace, issue/change order management, and financial planning.  Many construction customers are or will be implementing this to extend their investment in project systems and other modules.