SAP for Automotive Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users in discussions to troubleshoot challenges, share best practices, and fuel each other's success. Join a conversation or start your own.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DBM Service Order Time Booking

0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have a dbm service order with more than one task and the labor item in the task is only one.

I would like to book time against task and not against item. So would like to know can we book time for task without item in it.

Please help

Thanks & Regards,

Manoj Bind

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Manoj,

No, SAP do cost posting of labor ( time punching from /DBM/TM_VT ) items from cats to DBM header internal order via secondary cost element which is re-posted to split internal order while billing. Since task do not have items its not part of any billing and hence SAP cannot do this cost re-posting.

Regards

Ganesh

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

SachinX
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

You need to configure the time clocking to be done at the task level rather than the item level.

please configure /DBM/SPRO - > Service -> Time Management -> Determination of criteria for use of time management -> Define criteria for sales organisation.

Here you can define the time clocking at the task level.

Regards,

Sachin Balmiki

0 Kudos

HI Sachin,

Thanks for the clarification we have done that but my query is that can we book time for a task without an item in dbm service order.

Regards,

Manoj Bind

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Manoj,

No, SAP do cost posting of labor ( time punching from /DBM/TM_VT ) items from cats to DBM header internal order via secondary cost element which is re-posted to split internal order while billing. Since task do not have items its not part of any billing and hence SAP cannot do this cost re-posting.

Regards

Ganesh

0 Kudos

HI Ganesh,

Thank you for making it clear, I have a business scenario where i have only one labour item and 3 task. And I want to book time for task and not against the item.

Business scenario: 3 tasks are performed for that single labour item. and we want to book time for the task. How can we achieve this using SAP Standard.

Thanks & Regards,

Manoj

0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Mapping between task to item is one to many not many to many. So quick solution that I can suggest is to created two more dummy labor text items with zero price. This way you will have three tasks assigned to three items. This will help you in reporting also .

Regards,

Ganesh

0 Kudos

HI Ganesh,

Thank you for the confirmation I was thinking to do so and wanted to double check with experts in this area.

Thank you once again.

Regards,

Manoj