cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigating the site near impossible

former_member640579
Participant
0 Kudos

The site is impossible to navigate. I am looking for discussions, questions posted in different SAP modules and I can't find a way to navigate from one module to another. How do I find the discussion board for Enterprise asset management or PP (Production planning) from the start page?  This is truly baffling me

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Google search would have been easier. First result to query "scn pp space" is for correct space.

SCN welcome page does have link on right side All Topics and Spaces which is pretty much same as scn.sap.com/places.

former_member640579
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, the "site index" is a tiny link at the very bottom of the page and as such isn't helpful at all. I have eventually found and bookmarked all the forums I visit more often, so I have the links for EAM and PP but that doesn't mean they're easy to find.

This message is intended for SCN admins, who I think would want to improve the web site appearance.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Michail,

We have tried to document all this in and regularly update the content according to feedback from SCN members.  Have a look at this for example:

Thanks,

Jason

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once your at one forum, from there you can go to another forum by using browse option at right side of the page top level or you can go with search the community option.

if you have nice idea about the navigation in better way please post at idea space. based on vote scn will consider about your idea/enhancement.

SAP: Enterprise Home

former_member640579
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Didn't mean to be rude, even though reading my initial post it wasn't the most polite way of voicing my question. I visited the pages you suggested and they do clear things up. However one shouldn't have to read a manual to navigate the site and that was my point. I think it would be easier to navigate if you had for instance the link http://scn.sap.com/places visible in the starting page. Every module forum is under this link, so why hide it? I've bookmarked it on my laptop and can find anything I want. But when I use someone else's laptop I have to search all over again. I truly believe the site could be more user friendly.

kind regards

Michalis Papadopoulos

sjeevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also find it pretty frustrating when it comes to navigating the site but I realize that SAP has so many products which why they not have been able to organize it in the most intuitive way. But the following screen shots should give you a general direction, though.

When you go to http://scn.sap.com

Click on Products, a drop down menu will expand, here you will find pretty much every forum.

For example, EAM space

Its sub-space EAM below:

ERP space and when you click on it you will see it's sub-spaces like Production Planning etc (below):

If you want to go to ABAP, it's little bit tedious (which is why you may want to book mark it if you visit it frequently)

Business intelligence forums (or Spaces as SAP likes to call 'em)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find discussions or question at relevant forum.

you can visit relevant forum by using site index -

Site index - You can see at bottom of the page on scn.

Here you can go for SAP - PP -

click on content tab , you can see the discussions/blogs/docs which are posted at this forum.

Thanks