cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does point system works?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am wondering how this point system works? I had 915 points this morning and now end up with 905. Instead of going up, it fluctuates from time to time. Initially, it use to show up next to my name with 915 but then that went down to 514???

Is it only me or someone else has seen this behaviour?

I am not points buff but it seems pretty strange that one day infact in the same day the numbers fluctuates like they do in stock exchange.

Regards

Jehanzeb

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regardless of points, as Kartik said this place has helped us allot and I too going to contribute in regardless of "Gold Coins" fluctuating ).

anyhow, I guess Mods are working on it so lets give them some time to get things going.

Regards

Jehanzeb

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can I have my points doubled up please, otherwise it would take me too long to catch up with A.G.!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are so Greedy!!! hahaha

Regards

Jehanzeb

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can I have my points doubled up please, otherwise it would take me too long to catch up with A.G.!

Amit Gujargoud ??

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

He would know for sure

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am wondering if he even leaves this forum at all? over 6000 points!! life time achievement award!! hahah

Regards

Jehanzeb

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Confused

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No reason whatsoever

michael_goeck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jehanzeb,

I have just checked your points totals, and the numbers are correct. Be aware that in the forums (under your name), you only see your forum points, not e.g. points you earned in other areas like Wiki/Blogs. Your overall points total is displayed in the contributors corner on the lower left side of the SDN or BPX start page.

Please update this thread once you think that some number seems to be incorrect. I will then take a look again.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael,

I will keep this post updated if anything happens.

Regards

Jehanzeb

michael_goeck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jehanzeb,

now I see what you mean. You suddenly have over 700 points showing up under your name. There seems to be some caching hickup.

I will investigate on this.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi micheal,

well i too face the same problem my points fluctuate +-136 pts, can u fix tht.

currently its showing 950 which is correct but sometime l8r u may see it 136 pts less

Edited by: kartik tarla on Jan 8, 2009 12:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik,

I requested that SAP transfer 136 points from my account to yours on the 21st of October 2008 and this seems to be the likely cause. We had not done this before, because it was the first case. This was done as a sort of "journal entry" to correct the "mistaken identity" while guestifying the others the day before.

I have since corrected it further thanks to your great help in the ABAP forums. I am glad that I took your word for it when you contacted me.

So the difference seems to be a "battle scar".

Hopefully that helps Michael find the temporary difference, and if possible correct it.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi julius,

I know the difference of 136 does happen to my forum points coz they were seperatley transferred to me, but since i saw this post so i thought may be micheal would be able to correct it, but anyways if the problem could not be sorted out doesnot matter much and i would keep on contributing to this community as it had helped me a lot during my initial days in my first project.

regards,

кu03B1ятu03B9к

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I know the difference of 136 does happen to my forum points 
coz they were seperatley transferred to me, but since i saw 
this post so i thought may be micheal would be able to correct it,

I think you misunderstood His words and take it hard. Iu2019m sure he actually

meant in a Cool way. Letu2019s wait until his morning, he will come to you with more cool way

i would keep on contributing to this community as it had
 helped me a lot during my initial days in my first project.

Truly Appriciated.

Cheers,

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> I think you misunderstood His words and take it hard. Iu2019m sure he actually

> meant in a Cool way. Letu2019s wait until his morning, he will come to you with more cool way

Nope, in this case, Kartik already has "the hard way" behind him.

During an investigation into a nest of points gamers in October last year, Kartik was investigated as well for having for having participated in one of the threads. There were many being investigated. Other symptoms matched (we have some strict rules for this) - so the mistake was perhaps understandable - but on the other hand I should perhaps have looked a bit further to see that Kartik's post patterns were different to those of the others (who were not located very far away from Kartik..).

Anyway... as they faded away into the annual ponits total of those who are being transported into the world where the A.G. calendar is used ( Anno Guestus ) ... Kartik's ID faded away with them.

Kartik contacted me about it and I took his word for the expanation that he was not involved. I am very glad that I did that, as he has been a big help in the ABAP forums.

I don't have the exact figures, but last I heard we have deleted more than 50 thousand user ID's for ponits gaming. I am always very carefull when investigating this and there are other people who check it as well before any action is taken.

To date, to my knowledge, Kartik has been the only mistake we have made. Others have begged for mercy, but that is different. Hence my comment that he should wear the difference like a "battle scar" caused by the "journal entry", until Micheal can possibly fix it.

As you can see, "we are all guilty of something" (quote: Inspector Vimes)

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Others have begged for mercy, but that is different.

Not kidding? Very interesting...

What about a new thread/sticky sharing some laughable beggings?

Regards

Jai

michael_goeck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

until Micheal can possibly fix it

This thread was about some points increasing/decreasing due to buggy cache handling. Where is the connection to this 136-points problem? As I understood, you took away 136 points and later added them again. What fix do you expect in this relation?

Thanks & regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Kartik's points also go up and down by 136 points. Perhaps it is only co-incidental that the difference of this "flickering" total is equal to the amount which was added to the account later - but I would think that chances are good that it will explain it (or lead to the cause).

Cheers,

Julius

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Numbers are not fluctuating like stock exchange, but its Points robbery like a [Bank Robbery in Downtown Los Angeles|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dos1bm_tU_k]

You Donu2019t worry,Now SCN Problem has been resolved and now you are at your right place where you were. It is 544 now which was correct though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh so SCN robbed my points and then corrected the system? wow, nice plan to me ). jk

Thanks for explaining to me, my 544 are nothing against your ~6000 points....a humble servant maybe? haha

Regards

jehanzeb