cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to ask a question in SAP Community >= 2024

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm a little bit lost in the SAP Community, what is the right way to ask a question or find a solution to my question.

View Entire Topic
Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

It's officially explained here: How do I ask a question - Help - SAP Community.

Additionally, pay attention to post in a Q&A group (e.g. developer/programming questions should be posted in Technology Q&A) excluding SAP Websites Q&A (it's reserved to questions about sap.com Websites like e.g SAP Community usage, SAP for Me (SAP Support), SAP Library, SAP Developer Center, etc.) If you don't post to a Q&A group (i.e. if you post in a Discussion group like e.g. the Application Development group, or if you post a comment), you won't be able to mark the good answer as The Solution and so future visitors won't find it easily. NB: you can't move a Discussion to a Q&A group, you can only recreate the question in a Q&A group.

If you post some code, please be nice with your readers by using the beautify feature: Solved: How to post code in SAP Community >=2024 - SAP Community.

Here is how to ask a question, with screenshots:

1. Choose the adequate group:

Sandra_Rossi_0-1714313810284.png

2. Choose the Q&A board in the selected group (here, it was the Technology group):

Sandra_Rossi_1-1714313868434.png

3. You may then enter the title of your question in order to see other similar questions and check their answers. If they don't answer your question, try to refine your question, and click Continue only if you have found nothing:

Sandra_Rossi_0-1714308597043.png

4. Do not immediately click on Continue. First, click any of the proposed answers to see their details:

Sandra_Rossi_2-1714308997465.png

5. You may right-click "More about this topic" and then "Open link in new tab" to see the details of all answers and comments in another tab:

Sandra_Rossi_1-1714308838130.png

6. If there's nothing which answers your question, then click Continue to create your own question.