Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP User details in WWI Report based on status Released

rohan_somji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

I have a business requirement to display Name, Title, Department, Company, Address, Telephone, Fax, Email of the User who has released the WWI report in CG54.

The User ID and Report Status is available in table ESTDH.

This User data is available in SU01D à Address.

Also another requirement is to add a signature of the User who has released the report.

Please let me know how can I build a logic here. Thanks.

Regards,

Rohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

the status net runs "different". In ESTDH (if i remember correct): you can only find user id for the "Generated" status (but this is detail)

You must read the "status" net of the WWI report to identify the user who has released the SDS

Regarding "debug". Use your function module and set up breakpoint in first executable ABAP statement and try via CG54. As you use "SUBMASTER"... the debug part (i assume) will only stop in "create report" process and may be not via CG54... "SUBMASTER" objects are "ALWAYS part of the raw report.

If the "status net" of ESTDH entry can be assigned to "SUBMASTER"...in this case... no idea

Our demand was "different" but similar.. we have to print the "date" at which the document was released.. and not the user who did the job

Just try using "debug" session (an "empty" report is godo enough)

C.B.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

by using customer specific approach (own report symbols): you can support all your needs

Topic 1:

The User ID and Report Status is available in table ESTDH. => yes you can read data here to print via WWI... we are doing it like what (i believe) to select and print the date on which the WWI report was released (not the data at which the WWI report was generated)

Topic 2:

"Also another requirement is to add a signature of the User who has released the report."

This is a little bit more complex (and i read between the lines)

You would need a kind of customer specific table to map the "user id" to a "signature"; the signature could be reprsented by using e.g. of a "jpg" file etc. => for "Report from template": all the needed e.g. "jpg" files must be available locally. IF you use the extension options with some "Enhancement Package": you can achieve this with a different global WWI server farm (BUT the WWI developer must use LOCAL WWI)

Overall: by using customer specific options you can support the demand

C.B.

rohan_somji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

Thanks for the reply. I was able to conclude point 2. Business gave me a fixed stamp. So I created a graphic descriptor symbol. So this point is closed.

Now Topic 1.

This is how I planned so far

1. I created a new symbol group: YEC_06

Below is the configuration setting for New Symbol Group.

The custom FM Y_REC_USER_DET is a copy of standard FM C12N_DEFAULT_PARAM_ADRDAT_NEW which is assigned to group 06. We made sure that we keep the internal structure same and only passed our fields where ever needed. Also for the standard SAP uses standard structure CVDRECADRP and CVDRECADRC. Here we passed our own custom structure Y_REC_ADRP.

2. Create a list of custom report symbols.

For example

3. Assign the report symbol Y_REC_NAM in the WWI Template.

So essentially I plan to fetch the User ID and other relevant details with the help of custom FM. This data will be stored on real time basis in the custom Structure. And based on the field mapped in the symbol I will get the output in the template.

But I'm not able to fetch the output in the Template when I release the report and display from CG54.

The logic I used for FM to get user ID is to use table ESTDH.

Specification (From the user Input)

Generation Variant (From the user Input)

Language (From the user Input)

Report Category as Y_MSDS_UT

Status = W7 i.e. Released

Output will be CREATED BY i.e. SAP User ID.

Once you have the SAP User ID you can now go to table USR21/ ADRP / ADRC / ADR6 etc.

When I try the FM in SE37 I get a output. But the template returns empty value.

Can you please take a look and let me know if my steps and logic are correct?

If not then what am I missing?

If my logic is correct then how and where do I put a debugger? I would like to see what happens in real time and whether the run time values like specification, gen variant, language, report category get passed or not. Or where does it go wrong.

You mentioned you have a similar kind of requirement to get details from ESTDH. Did you take the same approach or was there any other better way to get User ID and User Details.

Your cooperation is appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

Rohan Somji