Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial scrap confirmation in DM, Quantity Confirmation, WC POD

OliverQB
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear DM Experts,

We have a customer requirement to have a similar quantity confirmation possiblity for the discrete manufacturing in DM like we already have in S/4HANA. 

The question is how can I do a partial scrap confirmation in DM? What are the procedure, where I can say I have a defect and from total 5 product I can produce only 4. In S/4HANA I can simply type in yield quantity 4 and scrap 1. 

However in DM I can scrap the whole SFC only. Or I need to split the SFC first to 1 piece and 4 pieces and scrap the SFC belongs to the product, which has defect. (or I am missing something and I could type in somewhere, scrap = 1)

On the Order POD there is a Plugin "Quantity Confirmation", which seems to be exactly what we would like to have for a Work Center POD. Does anybody know, why this Plugin isn't available for the Work Center POD?

What is the best way to handle the above mentioned simple scenario, where there are all together 5 products, and during the production 1 piece must be marked as scrap from the 5? Is that only possible using the splitting functionality in DM or is there a better way?

Thank you for the help in advance.

Regards,
Oliver

View Entire Topic
rahul_kumar_04
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver , 

You can achieve the same using WC POD by enabling a quantity field input in sfc selection page or after the SFC selection in SFC card area . Use POD designer to enable the Quantity input field . Field Details here : https://help.sap.com/docs/sap-digital-manufacturing/pod-designer/work-center-pod-selection . 

rahul_kumar_04_0-1721852395101.png

or beside SFC card as below for quantity input before start of SFC . More details here : https://help.sap.com/docs/sap-digital-manufacturing/pod-designer/sfc-card

rahul_kumar_04_0-1721852906633.png

You can customize the operation activity list with quantity field display to see the quantity progress using column editor of operation activity plugin in POD designer .

rahul_kumar_04_1-1721852489339.png

Now you will be able to report scrap using NC on specific quantity without full confirmation.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Rahul

MikeS67
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Just a little addendum: To ensure that operators don't accidentally scrap the complete SFC by forgetting to enter the scrap quantity, make the Quantity field mandatory.

Best,

Mike

OliverQB
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for your detailed answer. We have already tried that approach and we have enabled the quantity field.

Let's say the target quantity is 20 pieces and we type in 5 in the enabled quantity field. Then after clicking the Start button on the POD, that 5 pieces will be marked as "in progress". In this case if I log a nonconformance I can scrap only that 5 pieces together. What if I would like the log an NC only for one piece? What am I doing wrong?

Since the 5 pieces is already "in progress", all I can do is to split the SFC to 1 piece and 4 pieces. However the production workers would find that approach a bit to complicated.

Do you know a simpler solution, where the worker doesn't have to do that many clicks on the POD?

Thank you and Best Regards,
Oliver

ManoelCosta
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi, see my blog post: https://community.sap.com/t5/product-lifecycle-management-blogs-by-sap/handling-sfcs-with-lot-size-g... , where I cover this topic in detail... Just scroll down to the nonconformance part. Manoel
rahul_kumar_04
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Oliver , Use "Auto Split Partial SFC Quantity" in NC data entry config . More option detail here : https://help.sap.com/docs/sap-digital-manufacturing/pod-designer/nonconformance-data-entry. Follow Manoel's Blog for stepwise details. Thanks Rahul
ManoelCosta
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi! If my answer was useful, please consider accepting it as the solution. Br, Manoel
OliverQB
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Manoel,

Thank you for your suggestion. 

It took a while, but at the end I could successfully scrap only one piece from the end product, using your description. However I find the process a bit too difficult. At least from the shop floor worker point of view. 

First I need to manually set the previously enabled quantity field in the SFC Cards to the desired quantity, in this case to 1. 
Then I need to select the appropriate NC code, then fill in the required fields for the NC code.
Click first the button "Add", then the button "Done". 
As the last step I need to choose (depending on the defect code settings) what I would like to do. In out case, Rework or Scrap. 

Then the 1 piece is splitted from the rest and an SFC is generated and it is scrapped automatically. 

So it works, but it just to my work for a worker on the shop floor.

Regards,
Oliver