cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM IDI integration with xMII

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Guys,

We are looking for the options of integrating QM IDI interface with xMII. Anubody has experience with this type of integration ie integrating xMII with QM IDI. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as my understanding, we can intergrate QM-IDI interface to SAP MII. Integrating steps are

1. Create connection with PLC or other device in manufacturing plant with SAP MII through tag query.

2. Upon successful connection we can read values from device and store it in MII database.

3. Create connection to SAP ECC from SAP MII.

4. Through BAPI we can update information in SAP ECC through MII database.

By this way, we can implement the QM-IDI interface using MII.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Rajesh.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajesh,

Does MII has its own database? we want MII to have data staged when SAP is down and this is possible only when MII has its own database. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Srini

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

Option 1,

Up until MII 12.1 doesn't have any internal database kind of concept but with MII 12.2 SAP has introduced a concept called "MDO - Manufacturing Data Objects" you can leverage this feature in future

[MII 12.2 MDO|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mii122/helpdata/en/44/c5e701054c388ce10000000a11466f/frameset.htm]

I am not sure but I believe MII 12.2 is still not released for everyone yet. You can find out more in service market place.

Option 2,

I would suggest to use/leverage any existing external database like SQL or Oracle, apart from data buffering these database can be very flexible, programmable, maintenance friendly and MII reports can be generated easily off these databases with minimum IO costs.

Hope my above thoughts helps!!

Regards,

Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

This is good to know that latest version of MII has it's own database. Thanks for the info and links.

Srini