Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage Mail Server Configurations - SAP DM

dar101ko
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I would like to use the Manage Alerts App to trigger the notification to one of the supervisors via e-mail.

My question: What are the best practices for Manage Mail Server Configurations on SAP DM level? What is the process flow behind this application? Do we need to set up any additional steps on BTP side or on Cloud connector? How to access internal server from DM side?

Thank you

Darko

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ManoelCosta
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If my answer was helpful, I'd appreciate if you accept it as the answer.

Br,

Manoel

ManoelCosta
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Darko,

You can find basic information at: Manage Mail Server Configurations. As you can see there, no additional steps on BTP or Cloud Connector side are required.

I also suggest you check SNote #3357013 - Prepare for Alert Service Integration in Service Registry and Production Process Designs for details on the new Alerts 2.0 capability coming live soon in 23.11 Release.

Hope it helps,

Manoel

nwalter1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Manoel,

do we need to configure the IoT Web Server to enable the mailing functionality in SAP DM?

In the notes there are no words of activating e-mail.

BR
Nico

ManoelCosta
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Nico!
I don't think that's needed.

To enable email notification support for Alerts 2.0, you must maintain credentials in "Manage Mail Server Configurations" app. If you had previously set up credentials in Manage Mail Server Configurations for Alerts 1.0, you might need to update and save the credentials again, so they take effect with Alerts 2.0.

Br,

Manoel

nwalter1
Explorer
0 Kudos

I will try that out.

Thank you very much for your help!

BR Nico