Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BPC 10.1 on S4Hana Standard consolidation

fgavarini
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have an environment based on S4Hana 1809 with BW embedded (753 SP 01).

BW embedded is activated on client 800, while S4Hana works on client 300 (SAP suggests to activate BW on a different client).

We have to carry out consolidation (most of the companies are on S4, some of them outside). I would prefer using a BPC standard (10.1 Netweaver) consolidation since I am more confident with that and I have a working environment to restore.

However I am facing some issue in the data loading flow. BPC standard cannot read data from the real time infoprovider on BW embedded (they look like empty since BPC works on a different client than ) and SAP suggest to not create a flow of extraction between S4Hana and BW embedded.

If I wanted to stick on the standard BPC solution, what would you suggest to load accounting data from S4? do you have any experience on this configuration or any suggestions?

thanks in advance for your help

best regards

Francesco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
fgavarini
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vladim,

thanks for your reply. This is a good suggestion, however, as far as I undestood, SAP does not reccomend to create an extraction flow from S4 into BW embedded. Can I activate those extractors anyway?

thanks

Francesco

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

fgavarini

I have seen the project with the mentioned extractors used. And BPC11 standard environment.

fgavarini
Explorer
0 Kudos

BPC 11 works on BW4Hana, which is a different installation than S4Hana.

In my scenario I have BPC 10.1 Netweaver on BW 753 embedded in S4Hana.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

fgavarini

"In my scenario I have BPC 10.1 Netweaver on BW 753 embedded in S4Hana."

You have S4HANA, you need to extract data to BW... Then you have to load data from BW to BPC standard. What is the issue?

Answers (0)