Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Percentages calculation while data loading in SAP BPC 11.1

naresh28
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can we calculate percentages using bpc transformation and conversion file while data loading..?

Ex: I have dimension members like A, B, C, D, E, F.. Flat file having data for A, B, C members.

Now I need to calculate and store percentages for D, E and F.

D= A/(A+B+C)

E= B/(A+B+C)

F= C/(A+B+C).

Please suggest

Thanks..

View Entire Topic

You can't implement the scenario in transformation & conversion files alone.

Alternatively you have several other ways to fulfill the requirement:

1) coding the calculation logic in BADI_UJD_ROUTINE and call this routine in transformation file -> *OPTION section. --Advantage: high performance; Disadvantage: need ABAP coding skill.

2) coding the calculation logic in logic script(the calculation can be done using MDX syntax or you can create an account to firstly save the sum of A,B and C). You can either include the script in a DM package and run it after your data loading, or name the script as "Default" and select to run default logic during your data loading. --Advantage: easy coding; Disadvantage: Low performance

3) enable member formula for this dimension, and customize the calculation in BPC web client->Administration->Rules->Member Formula. --Advantage: no coding needed; Disadvantage: Affect system performance.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"(the calculation can be done using MDX syntax or you can create an account to firstly save the sum of A,B and C"

MDX - bad idea, instead of extra account parent node for A, B, C can be used...

0 Kudos

yea, I won't use MDX myself. just pointed out it's possible to do so..

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anyway, I will never use option 1 and 2. Ratios has to be calculated using dimension member formulas.

naresh28
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Chao...