cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use a new chain: BPC 10 data manager

former_member146451
Participant
0 Kudos

I would add a package to the data manager based on the process chain "BPC: Import Master Data from SAP Source System Attributes" (/ CPMB / LOAD_DATASRC_MDATTR)

But when I try to add a package, at the option of selecting process chain in the DataManager, I chain does not appear.

However, if I go to SAP BW transaction RSPC, I can see the chain.

Anyone know how can I make this chain appears in the selection of the Data Manager?

Thanks in advance.

EZ.

View Entire Topic
srikanth_gandlur
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi EZ

Check if your process chain has been "activated" in rspc. If it continues to show in active state in rspc but not showing up in the list available durign package creation - you can activate the chain from business content using the UJS_ACTIVATE_CONTENT with the options "Update default DM instruction" and "Activate BI Business content" checked.

/Srikanth

former_member146451
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

I have reactivated the chain in rspc, and execute the program UJS_ACTIVATE_CONTENT, but still do not see the chain at Excel Data Manager.

Any other suggestions? Must be parameterized in any table?

Thanks!

EZ.

srikanth_gandlur
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thats odd. Are you checking all the subfolders of the /CPMB/ ?

I'm not sure about parameterization in any table, but one additional check could be to ensure that you see all 50-51 PCs in this table - UJD_DEF_INSTRUCT. If the PC is missing in this, then it would mean it wasn't activated properly.

There's also a note about PCs chains changing in sp07. maybe you should take a look at that - Note 1700568 - Process chain delivery in SP07

/Srikanth

former_member146451
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have 51 PC's in the table UJD_DEF_INSTRUCT:

As you can see here are the 3 chains with SAP source, just that I can not see from Excel Data Manager:

EZ.

ashwin_kulkarni2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi EZ,

Just wondering if you have assigned this process chain to the right component.

Once you save and activate the process chain, you need to re-assign the process chain to the right component.

You can open the process chain and in the status bar (besides execute symbol) you will find Display Components tab. Click on it and choose component. Save and activate again.

If you have done this step earlier, then you can ignore it.

Regards,

Ashwin.

former_member146451
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

the chains with SAP data source are store at /CPMB/BPC_DATA_PC component at RSPC transaction:

I have just re-assign to the right component, but I can't see this chain in this component at Excel Data Manager.

Regards.

EZ.

srikanth_gandlur
Explorer
0 Kudos

Well OK, as a workaround you could create a copy of the main chain in rspc - i just tried it on my system and made a ZLOAD_DATASRC_MDATTR. I can see that this new copied one is available in the Data Manager. But I'm curious why you want to use this chain. Arent you going to be using the regular one from the BI infoobject to BPC? I guess it's recommended that we load data from ECC to BI Infoobjects and then use the /CPMB/IMPORT_IOBJ_MASTER to get data from the BI to BPC.

The problem with this copy - ZLOAD_DATASRC_MDATTR - is that you will have to define all the parameters on the package you need to create in Data Manager.

former_member146451
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

actually if I make a copy of the chain I can see it in the DataManager.

To define all the parameters on the package is not a problem, i can copy it from de table UJD_DEF_INSTRUCT.

But I don't understand why the original chain is hidden!

Thanks!

EZ.