cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC7.5NW: problem when loading hierarchy data with IMPORT_IOBJ_HIER

0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I'm facing a strange error when importing master and hierarchy data with IMPORT_IOBJ_MASTER and IMPORT_IOBJ_HIER process chain.

InfoObject: 0BCS_PRCTR compounding with 0CO_AREA

Some hierarchy node name includes - (dash), so it requires conversion to _ (underscore).

Based on document "How to Import Master Data and Hierarchies into SAP BusinessObjects BPC 7.5 from SAP NetWeaver BW", following the Scenario 2, IMPORT_IOBJ_MASTER process chain allowed me to successfully import concatenated master data with conversion to _ in BPC dimension.

However once try to import hierarchy data with IMPORT_IOBJ_HIER, Data Manager package fails indicating "Hierarchy nodes include dimension members that do not exist in BPC dimension".

Rejected data is all hierarchy nodes name with - (dash).

In other words, DM package log says it failed since node name ABCDEF-1 does not exist in BPC dimension as member.

But it does not make any sense to me because member with - can not ever exist in BPC dimension.

Before actual data loading, IMPORT_IOBJ_HIER probably checks if all node names are already loaded as members in BPC dimension, but looks like check logic is not perfect, and I kinda suspect it's program error or significant design issue.

Has anyone tried IMPORT_IOBJ_HIER process chain before? If you could please give some advice or information, I would appreciate.

Best regards, Atsushi Yamakawa

View Entire Topic
Jeffrey_Holdema
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Related to the hierarchy import step, did you try to use the javacript snippet mentioned in the How to Guide within the conversion file to replace the dash with the underscore?

[Jeffrey Holdeman|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/Jeffrey+Holdeman]

SAP Labs, LLC

BusinessObjects Division

Americas Applications Regional Implementation Group (RIG)