Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting invoices to prior year

jeroenkerkhof
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We have an urgent issue in our SAP systems concerning posting invoices in FY 2022:

We have a number of POs in FY 2022 which have not been carried forward yet to 2023. Some of them will be carried forward later in January, others will expire.

We want to post invoices against these POs now with a posting date in 2022, so the budget in 2022 is consumed. The GR and invoices have posting dates in 2022, however when the invoice is posted FY 2023 is derived which leads to posting addresses and budget exceeded errors.

We have checked the configuration and FI/FM documents, and this procedure is identical to prior years where we did not have this problem.

The issue only appears to occur for invoices which are GR relevant.

Any help is appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, the fact that GR updates your FM tables makes it clear. Please, refer to OSS note for more info:

3225988 - Reduction date for GR is not the expected one

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, as a practical move, please, check FMIOI table for the relevant PO and FMIFIIT table for predecessor of this same PO, and post some screenshots. You can compare with a PO without GR.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unless you force FM posting date to be in 2023 (it is possible), its posting date will be defined by that of the invoice, even if you post them in 2023, but with posting date in 2022. Actually, with certain FM settings (update profile) it's even impossible to post an invoice in 2023, while PO (commitment) is still in 2022 and was not carried-forward.

Regards,

Eli

jeroenkerkhof
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for the response. The invoices have posting dates in 2022. Most of them have been created and parked in 2022, and are now being posted. I can see this is recognized by the system since we get warning message "Posting takes place in previous fiscal year".

I am not aware of us forcing the FM posting date to 2023 - we're not using table FMOD.

The errors we get when posting relate to a) missing posting/budget addresses (indeed these do not exist in FY 2023), or b) budget exceeded errors, where from the cover group I can see FY 2023 is used.

For any PO which is not GR-relevant the issue does not occur, and we can post invoices as expected in 2022.

Only for POs which are GR-relevant the issue occurs (and the GR have also been posted in 2022).

Kind regards,

Jeroen

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm... very strange. Yes, I was referring to FMOD (transaction, not table, table is FMUD), as an example of forcing the date. It could be also done within some BADIs, but I guess it's equally not your case. What is the FM update profile, which is set at your client? Also, does GR update FM or not? Of course, the easiest way would be debugging and see from where the program takes the date. It could happen (depends on your release, what is it?) that SAP takes it wrong.

jeroenkerkhof
Explorer
0 Kudos

We're using Update profile 000101 (Payment budget; Payment basis ; Posting date) and GR also updates FM. Release is SAPK-60027INFINBASIS. We don't have any BADis which could cause this as far as I know, but our programmer is debugging to hopefully understand the logic.

jeroenkerkhof
Explorer
0 Kudos

We resolved the issue by debugging and found out that FM FMGR_RED_GET updates GR documents with the system date, overriding the posting date in the documents. FMOD did not change this behaviour and we implemented an enhancement to update the posting date to 12.2022.

Thanks for the assistance!

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, as I mentioned in the note, this is standard behaviour, once you work with GR updating FM. It is strange, though, that FMOD didn't work. It is definitely supposed to... Of course, on newly posted documents, not on the old ones. Please, close the thread, if the issue is clear now.

jeroenkerkhof
Explorer
0 Kudos

SAP informed us FMOD should work as expected after implementing note 2302055. We have not tested this yet. I will close the thread.