cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derive value of Dimension using a property of another Dimension - SAP BPC 10 Build 290

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am trying to create an Input Schedule in BPC 10. Let me explain the scenario:

I have a dimension, COSTCENTER, which have properties REGION, SEGMENT and COMPCODE. These properties are in turn another dimensions.

e.g. A master data entry for COSTCENTER will look like

ID               EVDES     COMPCODE     REGION       SEGMENT      SCALING.....

CC_100      CC 100      CCD_10            CE               TRAN

My typical record in the Input Schedule looked like:

A                              B                                                            C                                                    D

COSTCENTER          COMPCODE                                             REGION                                        SEGMENT

1     CC_100             =EVPRO(EVAPP(),A1,"COMPCODE")     =EVPRO(EVAPP(),A1,"REGION")     =EVPRO(EVAPP(),A1,"SEGMENT")

In our previous projects, we used the EVPRO function to derive the values for COMPCODE, REGION and SEGMENT in the rows (which were under the row key range) before submitting the records.

I am finding a hard time to achieve the exact same scenario in BPC 10. Can someone please help on how I can achieve the same in BPC 10.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Abhishek Khatti.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

You can definitely fetch the property value using the EPMMemberProperty function. However, your requirement wont be sufficed by this.

You want to have the template with costcenter, compcode, region and segment in your rows. This means that these dimension will be assigned to your row axis in the report editor. Now, you need to mention which members to be displayed in the template. So, for compcode, region and segment dimensions, in the member selector window, use the relationship as dimension property. Select costcenter as the dimension and the respective properties for the individual dimensions. With this, whenever you select a particular costcenter, the template will display only the corresponding compcode, region and segment members in the template.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot Nilanjan. That was really helpful and solved my problem. I was trying the same thing in the Member Selector screen, but the difference was, I kept the COST CENTER in the Page Axis. I had a scenario in 7.5 where the users could select the cost center in the Header section of the report (Base or Node level member) and the corresponding entries for those are displayed.

Therefore, when I moved the COSTCENTER to Row Axis, it worked fine. I achieved the selection requirement by adding a EPM function, EPMContextMember and specifying Cost Center for the same.

I guess the dimension that you are deriving values from needs to be in the same axis, as that of the dimensions you are deriving values for.

Please correct me, if the above notion is incorrect.

Thanks a lot.

Abhishek Khatti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Yes your are correct. But as you said, you can keep the context function in one of the empty cells, and the user can select the member by double clicking that cell.

Glad, could help you.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

The function EVPRO from BPC previous versions it's the function EPMMemberProperty in BPC 10.

Please refer to the following document:

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boeo10/en/EPMofc_10_user_en.pdf

Regards,

Lucas