cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC Report Formatting - Report Border Lines

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need your help in formatting the reports and especially the report borders.

I have attached the current report where there is a outline or border to the report above the ABC Company and also to the left (Where the cell is highlighted). The outline expand or shrinks based on the number of rows and columns

I have to do a similar activity for other report. Need to help on how to achieve this.

-- Selva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the report which I have attached does not have any conditional formatting for outline. Is there any other options.

-- Selva

rishi4892
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Selva,

In above step 3, you can format it with outline instead of yellow color

Click on Format

Click on Border, select Border

Click OK, Then Click Apply. Then You can see outline.

It's dynamic.

I hope you are looking for this,

Thanks,

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Thanks for your reply. There is an existing report where I am not able to see any conditional formatting. I need to make changes in that report.

Is there any other way where this can be achieved?

- Selva.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rishi4892
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Selva,

Here is step by step procedure to do this.

1. After creating report as in screenshot below, first we are applying conditional formatting on Column axis.

2. Select Cells F1 to N1, then click on Home->Conditional Formatting->Manage Rules-> New Rule

3. Select option "Use a Formula to determine which cells to foirmat " Write Formula as

=IF(F4<>"", TRUE, FALSE)   here F4 is the column axis header, now format the cells based on whatever you want, i am using fill to yellow color.

Then Click on OK

4. Click Apply

5. Now you can see the report as

6. Now if you add one more member to column as axis you can see this formatting is working

7. Now if you delete newly added member, you can notice the formatting changes accordingly.

8. Similarly you can do for row axis as well

In row axis we select left row in which we want to apply formatting, then use similar options of column axis , just use reference of first row member(E5) instead of first column member (F4).

Hope this is Helpful.

Thanks,

Rishi

Astha_M
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Selva,

Border & Frame Option is available under the Use Column of EPM Formatting Sheet. Double Click the Use Column and select border / frame as per the requirement.

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Astha

rishi4892
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Selva,

You can use conditional Formatting to do this.

Rishi