cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant configuration in SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD experts,

may I ask you to help me with the configuration steps for variant configuration for the SD module.

Also that this could be applicable in different industries and are a general configuration steps independent of the industry wherein the variant is extensively used.

Thanking you and look forward.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

the information you have provided is certainly helpfull.

However,in a make to stock situation, if I wanted to use a specific industry solution such as the paper industry, wherein different sizes of papers which are non standard shapes and sizes, the customer orders each time a different size and shape and this has to be cut from a role. Cutting the role based on the customer requirement, the system should be able to cut into three or four batches??from one big role(How to setup this in system)

There is always the rest remaining as we cant always utilise the whole role each time some always goes back in the stock.

The process should actually begin with variant configuration at the time of order creation, that the user has the possibilty to choose various shapes and sizes predetermined by way of batches from a big role, that they could choose during order creation. But not clear how this can be setup in the system.

Do you think we can use a specific solution and if yes please help.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anupam,

I am Sorry but, as I haven't worked with Paper Industry and to go with your requirement, i.e. understanding the requirement and then designing the solution; will require time & effort.

But, I am sure some of our Elite Members must have worked on such requirement (or, atleast with Paper-Industry).

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anupam,

This is a general example for Variant Configuraion in SD:

Steps for Variant Configuration in SD

Generally, in SD variant is effectively used for pricing for variant. The following configuration with example will be able to assist you in same regard.

The procedure is as follows:

1u2022Create a Material - KMAT as Material Type with Item Category - 002 by using TCode MM02

2u2022 Create Charateristics using TCode CT04 - Door and mention the values like Wood,,Handle etc

3u2022Create another Characteristics using TCode CT04 - ZPrice, where directly go the additional data tab and maintain the table SDCOM and field VKOND (ABAP Dictionary it will ask for)

4u2022 Assign these two characteristics to a Class using TCode CL01 - ZDoorclass (Type 300) in characteristics tab page.

5u2022 Then go to Configuration Profile using TCode CU41 select the material and enter the description click on the Class assignment, i.e., assign ZDoorclass.

6u2022Now go back to Characteristic using TCode CT04 - enter Zbike -go to values- select Wood- go to extras - Other Dependencies - Select Procedure enter in front 10 write - $self.ZPrice='Wood' and save

7u2022 Now go back go to Extras - Other Dependencies - Assignments and Assign relationship ( by default it will come just save)

8u2022 Now select Handle- go to Extras - Other Dependencies - Editor - Select Procedure enter in front of 10 write - $self.ZPrice='Handle' and save

9u2022 Now go back go to Extras - Other Dependencies - Assignments and Assign relationship ( by default it will come just save)

10u2022 Now go to Condition Record using TCode VK11 - Enter VA00 (Condition)(For Std RVA001 Pricing Procedure) - enter variant Wood and Handle give the rates accordingly and create the sales order.

11u2022 Activate the variant configuration in Sales Document make the above effective or in use.

Now, Industry-specific config-guide, Please refer:

[Building Block Library|http://help.sap.com/bp_bblibrary/600/BBlibrary_start.htm]

For example:

Building Block Name: H30: Configuration Variant Configuration and Assembly Processing

Industry: High-Tech

Simiraly, you may go for your requrement (i.e. Building Block for Variant Configuration for specific Industry & Country)

Best Regards,

Amit