Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Condition Type to modify RRB result SD Billing

tony_vernon9
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

The customer has the following requirement. Existing vehicles are taken on a make-to-stock basis (one at a time). Labor and materials are used to refurbish the equipment. Periodic billing is required based on expenses.

This requirement alone is satisfied by using Resource Related Billing in a make-to-stock scenario. The Sales Order is linked to the Production Order. Goods issue expenses and labor expenses link to the Production Order. These contribute to expenses which are calculated OK in RRB on the Sales Order. That part is working OK.

The issue is how the customer wants to calculate the amount of the bill. Instead of straight expense, they would like to have a calculation. They would like to have the following:

Bill Price = actuals * sales order price / calculated costs

In other words, if I have "spent" $10,000 on labor, and I have a total calculated cost for the Sales Order of $500,000 but a mark-up so the Sales Order Price is $600,000, I would want the following result:

10,000 * 600,000 / 500,000

Or, charge 12,000 for this execution of billing, based on an actual of 10,000.

We have gotten Sales Order Costing to work. The Costing is correctly pulling from the Material's BOM and Routing. As a result, on the Item Conditions, I can see PR00 "Price" and PC02 "Calculated costs" OK. So, the calculation above looks like this:

Actual Bill = Expense * PR00 / PC02

Unfortunately, I cannot used a fixed percentage or amount for overhead because the amounts and ratio of sales order price and costing can change.

How can I bill the calculated amount? Is there a way to add the condition type amounts to Overhead? Alternatively, is there a way to populate a calculated amount into milestone billing perhaps? Please let me know any suggestions. Thanks for your assistance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)