cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reopen depreciation area 32

joshua_utazi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Guys, I closed Fiscal Year 2022 then reopened It. I noticed that Depreciation area 32 is still closed for 2022 as shown below.

I went to FAA_CMP and I noticed the depreciation area 32 is hidden and I cannot reopen it.

Please Let me Know how I can reopen a fiscal Year in Depreciation area 32

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

joshua_utazi
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have been able to fix the issue. For my case its probably a bug.

Firstly, It's important to note that by default Dep. Area 32 will not display in FAA_CMP if you set it to adopt values of area 01. Whatever happens to Dep. Area 01 will be replicated in area 32.

Here was what happened in my case:

I was still in fiscal Year 2022, and I mistakenly closed 2022 and Opened 2023. Dep area 32 adopted the values of area 01 as expected. The I realised my mistake and reopened 2022 and closed 2021. All depreciation areas closed 2021, but Dep area 32 did not pick its value from area 01 this time(see screenshots in the question).

I was able to fix this issue by deleting the legacy data transfer which was "in preparation mode", to troubleshoot the issue, I closed a higher year. I closed FY 2023 and Opened 2024 for the ledgers and Dep area 32 picked values of 01 area. I Opened 2022 again and closed 2021 and dep area 32 picked values of dep area 01 and it was fine.

Conclusion:

To troubleshoot this issue, you have to try closing and reopening different years and watch table T093B to see of Dep area 32 is now responding to 01.

Note:

you must have done the setup for area 32 to adopt values of area 01 in asset accounting configuration.

Neeraj_Jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello joshua_utazi,

Please refer below SAP thread in which transaction OAAR refer to open depreciation area.

https://answers.sap.com/questions/4505410/reopen-closing-period-asset-accounting.html

Confirm if it's works for you.

Regards,

Neeraj Jain