cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System should not allow already used serial numbers against material in production order

former_member798593
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi  Experts,

I have issue with serial numbers usage in production order.

Even serial number is unique with material code, system accepting already used serial numbers during production order creation if the serial number status is available.

Pls find the below screen shots for your reference along with configuration .

So our requirement is , as serial number is unique with material code, it should not allow to reuse against the same material.

Now I am creating production order for the same material code

during serial number assignment , system will assign new serial numbers by clicking on create serial numbers automatically

but if I change the serail number 1867 with already used serail number 1866 , it is accepting

IQ09

Now we can see the serial number history : it is assigned against two orders

So our requirement is , as serial number is unique with material code, it should not allow to reuse against the same material

OIS2

Regards

Satya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Satyanarayana,

For this inconsistency you can check with BADI: WORKORDER_UPDATE with the help of ABAPer

here system will check the serial number / material / plant combination any history exist then it will through an error

if there is no records exist then it will allow

you can use the below FM to check the serial number history against material and plant and serial number combination

FM : 1. SERIALNUMBER_READ

2. SERIAL_EXISTENCE_CHECK

Regards,

Venkatesh..

former_member798593
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

Back flushing concept we are not using since our products has serial numbers in production orders.

We are assigning serial numbers in production order creation

is there any possibility to restrict the same in OIS2 standard config instead of customization

present OIS2

Regards

Satya

former_member798593
Participant
0 Kudos

in continuation to above screen shot

former_member798593
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my previous post screen shots are missed, pls find below

IQ09

Below serial numbers already assigned against material 90000900801 in earlier production order and

issued the same stock to its higher level , hence serial number status is AVLB – Available

Now I am creating production order for the same material code

during serial number assignment , system will assign new serial numbers by clicking on create serial numbers automatically

but if I change the serail number 1867 with already used serail number 1866 , it is accepting

IQ09

Regards

satya

former_member798593
Participant
0 Kudos

IQ09

former_member798593
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear  Experts,

pls consider above two continuous posts for screen shots

Regards

satya

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please refer this discussion,

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

UmeshMali4994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raju,

If serial no status is available in that case you can assigned serial number to another order.

Please check my above post and set the parameter so system not allow you to  duplicate serial number.

Please check and revert

Regards

Umesh Mali 

former_member195779
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

In standard SAP the serial number can be assigned to many materials if availble.

If you want uniqueness between serial number and material then you have to do some enhancement in Production order.

Check below user exit for if useful:

IQSM0001  Automatic serial number assignment

IQSM0002  Check when copying object list

IQSM0003  Serial numbers, user exit for additional data

IQSM0004  Serial numbers, user exit after exiting the serial scre

IQSM0005  Serial numbers, user exit in the update

IQSM0007  Serial numbers, user exit for goods movements

IQSM0008  Serial number character string check

Or you can use WORKORDER_UPDATE - Badi to achieve the requirement.

Regards,

Amarnath Dube

UmeshMali4994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raju,

Normally, In standard SAP system use One serial number assigned to one Production order only.

But in same case we can you use the same serial no for multiple product for these wee need to reverse the serial no status as AVLB, and System only allow the changes or add same serial no for material in the condition of the serial no status as AVLB.

In your case if you want to avoid the same serial for multiple order. You can use the below functional module so whenever system consider same serial no it will give error/ warning message. So, you can avoid the same serial no for other order.

FM: SERIALNUMBER_READ or SERIAL_EXISTENCE_CHECK

Please check in your system and revert

Regards

Umesh Mali